Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talking of My Birth Land...

Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil( Brazil )
    suahsuhaush, right! ^^

Ya, it might not be the same Gaúcho, but probably in origin might. That's why I'm interested to know what is exactly a Gaúcho there, to compare it with what is a Gaúcho in Argentina, because right now you just have gave me a bunch a traits but no real definition.

I feel that Mondongo is more Brazilian than Churrascos, as Churrascos come from Galicia and Portugal, but whatever.

Brazil ethical issues:
    -History of Political Corruption and Scandals: 1992 impeachment of President Collor de Mello and the 2005 resignation of finance Minister Alfonso Palocci, between others. Really, if something that Brazil has made fame a part of Carnaval, beachs and those, is political corruption, which it has been laid down by both tourist plans and medias. And this has changed with Lula Da Silva but as we have saw the police strike that happened, there is still a problem of police corruption and how the government deal with the police force.
    -Developmentalism: Basically the constant concern on producing of everything by itself has come to a point where industry has become a mayor point for Brazil, which is good. But it also takes a lot of the environment, the creation of dams close to protected zones or road over certain natural zones. Lets not forget that this mentality is also conflictive with the way of life of some indigenous groups that, even so they are protected and many don't follow they way they use to live anymore, they are still poorly protected against this mentality and its bureaucratic activism.

Well I was hoping you would add something to this =/.

Also, I find it funny that you made this thread because you feel no one knows too much about Brazil, but you don't know that much about Argentina, which is practically your neighbord.

for tell you the truth, i don't like argentina too much, and i have searched, in argentina and columbia, the word " Gaúcho " means something like " Thief ", and here in brazil gaúcho is the ones who born in Rio Grande do Sul.

Sorry I disappointed you about our Ethical Issues.

but i known something about Collor.

Let me ask you something. Is your experience with argentina or argentina peolpe reduced to Buenos Aires (people from it)? Because I can tell you be experience, they are retarded, but they are the only ones, its like the whole country knows they are fucking retarded, even they know.

Also Gaúcho is not a thief, it was a cowboy (its not the same, but its easiest way to understand it). So, when you say "we follow our traditions" I have to think that its might have a similar origin, as gaúchos are also proud of their traditions.

And about ethical issues, okay.

not really, 'cause i don't have too much experience with argentina or argentina people...

yeah, thief it's a word a bit heavy for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vithor-Duardes View Post
    not really, 'cause i don't have too much experience with argentina or argentina people...
    And so, you don't like them.

no O.o, i don't have nothing against the argentina... ( Pelé it's better than Maradona! ) asuhaus, kidding, i don't even like FootBall
    Last edited by Vithor-Duardes; 09-05-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Posted two times, slow internet :\

Quote Originally Posted by Vithor-Duardes View Post
    i don't trust the movies that says about brazil, shows brazil... 'cause those movies are wrong almost part of time... really.
    Yeah, just like how The Matrix isn't an accurate portrayal of Sydney, Australia. I mean, we do flips, shoot guns, and all that. But that lady in the red dress actually lives in Melbourne. :\

Also, the tiles in St. James station are more resilient than the movie shows.
    Last edited by Aether; 09-06-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

wait the matrix took place in Oz? What the fuck?

In Brazil they've got those mountains with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals on them