Thread: |[SUTARI]|: the evolution of Sutari

|[SUTARI]|: the evolution of Sutari

Making a thread again. I leave way too many times, but I always come back because this was the place I literally started drawing and receiving critique. YOU GUYS RAISED ME. And I thank you.

I came here in 2006, in September. I wanted to learn to draw Manga (obviously), but this community was different from the rest. I could get critique every single day usually without fail. And it is because of that, and amazing artists to look up to and secretly envy, that I have been drawing for 9 years and counting.

My first villain that I ever created was called "Sutari", hence my name. He was a demon lord who's body had a portal to some voodoo realm inside it (I honestly don't know how it worked, but it didn't matter when I was young). So half his body would show up as a demon while his other human half would be stuck in the realm.... or something. I had to look back and see if I even had the story from way back then (I learned A TON about writing... i was so oblivious to cliche!)

But anyway, I posted him on the MT forums, and I had a habit of re-drawing him once a year to check improvement.

THIS IS THE NEWEST EDITION OF THE SUTARI ART THREAD.

-bows-
    ---------------------------------------------------------

2006:

2007/2008:

2009:

2010:

(four years hiatus later OTL)
    2014:

--------------------------

((I also have a comic that I'm going to put in Manga Works. but this thread will be for random doodles on GB and colored things unrelated to serious projects.))

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yesss finally, you made a thread!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Yay!! You're back!! As always, I LOVE your art!! Gosh, that 2014 is splendid!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    2014 is lookin' real dope so far ma man. Now if only there was a way we could keep you around. Preferably birdcage?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

always cool to see art style changing over the years

holy moly!looks awesome.. i deleted my old art though

Welcome back to the Artist Alley! <:

Amazing improvement, give yourself a pat on the back!

Really good to have you back around, Sutarees, your work is always so original I can't help but have a gander whenever it pops up. Hopefully we will see more from ya' soon. :>

Dayummmm, niceee, your art is always so inspiring c:
    It be awesome that you have finally returned (again)
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

My first reaction to seeing a Sutari thread was a series of incomprehensible noises that, transposed to text, would have gone something like this:

"Aghellkfmef. Hrlsmfe. Auggjakejhvre. Hurr. wow such art"

2014's Sutari looks completely awesome. Heck, even 2010 looks good by my standards, but this year's blows that out of the water. Has it really been four years? It's nothing short of an honor that I could see your last few pictures before you disappeared, and also be here as you return from hiatus.

Also, is this comic you mentioned Claymaker, or something none of us have seen before? Because I'd instantly read either.