Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon training help.

Pokemon training help.

So I started playing pokemon black & white and I want to train at least one pokemon in a proper way. I have 2 Sawks and I don't know which one to train properly and which is going to get his life ruined by an awful training.

Sawk 1.
    Lvl 15
    Bold Nature (+Defense -Attack)
    Likes to Run (speed boost)
    HP 49
    Attack 38
    Defense 30
    Sp. Attack 16
    Sp. Defense 30
    Speed 34

Sawk 2.
    Lvl 12
    Timid Nature (+Speed -Attack)
    Likes to Fight (attack boost)
    HP 41
    Attack 34
    Defense 24
    Sp. Attack 13
    Sp. Defense 25
    Speed 28

Which one should I train, and which one should I screw?

Also, how can I fix my starting pokemon? as I made him fight any shit I found, so now I think his EV are screwed.

First of all, train your Level 12 to 15 then post up its new stats and compare, the level 12 one may develop better than the other.

Secondly what starter did you choose and what level is it currently?

i heard that if u start training them from a lower level they will be stronger than ones you started training from a higher level

I don't want to make that Sawk fight because then he is going to get EV, and I don't want him to get EV now. I want them to be in neutral position from the start.

I guess I'm going to wait till the exp. share.

I picked a Snivy and its level 15 now.

What's EV? A move? You can make it so that it doesn't learn certain moves u know

EV is Effort Value. When you fight certain pokemons you get EV on different stats, and for each 4 EV on that stat, you are going to get a +1.

Basically if you fight Patrats who give 1 EV on strength, ones you killed 4 with the same pokemon, that pokemon is going to have 4 EV points on strength. Ones that pokemon level up, its going to get a +1 on strength. But there is a limit of EV a pokemon can have, and that's the deal.

Oic, I thought you were meaning evolution >.> I'll need to do some research into these EV's then before I get back to you on this one

In general, I think you should just look for one with Adamant nature since Sawks is a fighting type, and needs a nature that supports his attack/sp attack

However, if you really don't feel like looking for more (you lazy asshole), choose the first one and just EV train it's attack and defense

I don't really care the Sp. Attack on a fighting type, as all the moves are just basically Attack base. But yeah I should try to find a more suited Sawk, even so the first one can be really good at receiving damage and getting good speed, but I don't know. Should I train his Defense (even so he already get a defense bonus? Compensate the Attack deficiency? Increase the Sp. Defense as fighting types nemesis are more in the Sp. Attack? or HP?

It's always good to train his defense, but I think you should focus more on attack considering he's a fighting type. You want to make sure he makes the most out of his moves