Thread: Self-Introduction

I'm Not a Spammer!

Self-Introduction

Hello. ^_^

I'm Socky7 (because unfortunately "Socky" is already taken ). I'm a 13 year old boy and live in America. I have read very few manga, and haven't watched too much anime either, but I'd like to be able to draw manga-style. I actually had an account here a long time ago (which I no longer remember), back when I claimed I would make my own manga to post on the internet. But I really wasn't motivated enough and I ended up quitting pretty soon. This time I plan to make more achievable goals, so instead of jumping right up and declaring I would make a manga, I have been practicing by simply drawing my favorite anime characters based on pictures. I plan to eventually graduate to drawing these characters without the pictures in front of me, and then in a new pose altogether, before I actually get to creating characters on my own and developing a style. Luckily my sister has experience with art and is able to help me with some things. I also plan on reading more manga to study the artwork, techniques, layout, etc. I literally started just a few days ago so I haven't had much progress, but I have been getting used to face proportions and simply drawing manga style.

My strong point, assuming I were to attempt to make a manga for the Internet or something like that, is storywriting. However, my terrible art weighs that down, so I really want to get better and take this seriously unlike the last time. My supplies are very limited so far but I plan on obtaining things I need before long.
    Some side notes about me are that I'm learning Japanese from home (you probably think I'm a weeaboo by now) which is something I put a lot of time into, I love to write short stories, and I suck at sports ^_^

***Before I end this post, does anyone have any idea why I can't edit my profile? It says I don't have permission to access the page

Thank you and I look forward to working with you all!

-Socky7.

welcome

and you won't be able to edit your profile until you have 3 posts

Hi socky welcome to the forum

Hey there, welcome! It's cool to hear that you want to expand your skill base outside writing. If you want to share some of that, you should stop by the Role-players & Writers Arena once you get your three posts approved and can post outside the welcome wagon.

101 Dalmations Member
    Welcome and .......hmm . Welcome I guess

こんにちは , make yourself at home, don't be embarrassed by your hobbies

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Haelo

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

ello stocky

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Thanks everyone ^_^