Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Technology Thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That's wassup, I got the Asus G47Sx. Older model since it sports the i7, 8gb RAM, has a GTX560m with 2gb of vram with dual hdds and a backlit keyboard I haven't really used in months cause it's a horrible design and I use an external set.

But Asus is dope. Got mine back in early 2011, one of the CPU fans blew out a few months ago so I had to replace it. I also had to redo the CPU and GPU thermal paste cause it was absolutely horrible and all over the place when I took them off. Whoever applied the paste beforehand was just wreckless, lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

screw all you guys i like my mac

I have an Asus EEE slate.

It's pretty rad.

Asus does seem to be the go-to laptop manufacturer. At university, the overwhelming majority of the laptops are Asus laptops. Mine too, it's a K73, also from 2011. It has a second generation i7, 6GB RAM and a NVidia GT540M. Not the most powerful thing around, but it gets the job done for a lot of games.

asus are the shit man

i love mine more than people

with the exception of a few i suppose... :\
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

i have a question! in the sa laptop megathread the op talks about amd saying that they're 1.5 generations behind intel. my question, tho, is are they so out of date that it is worth 600-900 extra USD for the i7 vs like an fx 4140 quad-core (what i have)? i want to build a new gaming rig but im also trying to save up for a minifridge and a motorcycle

Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

go intel or go home

what kind of i7 chip are you looking at btw, you might be overshooting the mark a bit

look at getting an i7 4770, socket is 1150 then and itll reduce your costs quite substantially. i mean a quick search on an australian based webstore and youre looking at $349. think of how horrendous our markup is as well

unless youre looking at launching a rocket to the centre of the sun, an extreme edition processor is gonna be just overkill
    Last edited by Aether; 01-02-2014 at 06:33 AM.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

i was looking at the 3930k because im a chump but i will look into the 4770. i work in zbrush a lot, too, so the polycount and processing power required get really ridiculous really fast. ive never had an intel-based rig before, tho, so idk about all this jazz.

intel are just better quality processors overall

the speed difference between the 3930k and the 4770 will be about 35%, give or take

ive got a clocked back 4770 running at 2.4ghz standard, it does anything i want it to without breaking a sweat