Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Technology Thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Intel has gotten a lot better over the years, yea. I remember when I really hated them though, back when they were fooling around with the Duo Core and Pentium shit and they sucked. They still run pretty hot in laptops though, unless your system has excellent cooling (thank you, Asus). Though even still, you're gonna be rocking around 50-55C idle. It only gets worse if your ambient temp is all fucked up... Right, Aeth?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

man my laptop runs cool as hell, dont know what youre on aboot

that being said, its a relatively new computer. its still the honeymoon phase
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    When mine was maybe a few months new it was almost cold to the touch, lol. But yea, I've had mine for like 2 years. I don't know how the newer models hold up, but most Asus laptops seem to really show their age in one way or another.

Then again the G74 series has really crappy intake placement to begin with (intakes are under the monitor where you can't blow them out effectively, you have to either blow compressed air into the exhausts and risk blowing a fan out, or take the whole thing apart because the fans are tucked under the MOBO).

Most people recommend you place a small little toothpick or something into the exhausts before you blow to keep from blowing out a fan. Problem with the G74 models is that the heatsink is in front of the fans, and you can't really like... poke something into the heatsink to reach the fan blades, lol. You may want to do a repaste after like a year and a half too, cause it'll probably be all dried up and useless due to the horrible pasting Asus or whoever has done.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."