Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saving money

i think food is what screws me over most. i eat out nearly all the time and i eat a LOT

:\

maybe i should just suffer through my horrible cooking, or buy microwave meals and soup

EDIT: btw you should add me to skype i have a new one
    Last edited by Aether; 12-28-2013 at 03:17 AM.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Well, like I said, if you can't eliminate it, cut down. Start with trying to save 50 bucks a week and go from there.

50*4.5*2=$450 It can only go up.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd have a lot more money saved up if I wasn't so impulsive and indulgent. But hey... live it up while you got it, I suppose. Though I have like $700 worth of 'responsibility' stuff to take care of in Feb, so that's cool.

I tried saving my last $500 a few months ago when I had it, but emergency bills just kept popping up outta nowhere, like wtf.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

going out to eat is super expensive, unless you go to like burger king or mcdonalds

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Lol, Gunz. Maybe you should give Linz's idea a go. It's harder, both physically and psychologically, to dip into your savings when you have to smash something to get at them. Especially if it's something kind of nice/expensive-ish. I know of someone who literally froze her savings in a giant block of ice so that if she ever wanted to use them she either had to work really hard to chip them out, or wait for the ice to melt (by which time she often felt like she no longer needed to use them so much). (This mostly worked for her because she's kind of lazy.) Also, if you're trying to save long-term (more than a year), term deposits can be awesome. You have to train yourself to enjoy saving, or at least tolerate it, but until you reach that point having your money be out of reach can be really helpful.

"Live for today, plan for tomorrow." Start small and simple and go from there.

And Haya, it's scary how quickly even something like that can add up.

ya i know, i try not to eat out much now, i go like once a week at most

Don't ever take any of Gunzet's advice.

It will end in tragedy.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    Lol, Gunz. Maybe you should give Linz's idea a go. It's harder, both physically and psychologically, to dip into your savings when you have to smash something to get at them. Especially if it's something kind of nice/expensive-ish. I know of someone who literally froze her savings in a giant block of ice so that if she ever wanted to use them she either had to work really hard to chip them out, or wait for the ice to melt (by which time she often felt like she no longer needed to use them so much). (This mostly worked for her because she's kind of lazy.) Also, if you're trying to save long-term (more than a year), term deposits can be awesome. You have to train yourself to enjoy saving, or at least tolerate it, but until you reach that point having your money be out of reach can be really helpful.

"Live for today, plan for tomorrow." Start small and simple and go from there.

And Haya, it's scary how quickly even something like that can add up.

Don't listen to Linz, she's hardly the person to talk to about saving -anything-, just like me. Trust me... I would know.

But yea, I would get a piggy bank of sorts, but I've had them before, and I always find a way to get the cash out without breaking it. It's simple, you just tip the thing upside-down until what you want comes out the entrance. And if you can't get actual bills out, you just make yourself a small makeshift hook and get it out that way.
    My little brother has one, and he's constantly dipping into the poor little guy. Either way, I am indeed very lazy, so I think I'll invest in one that has a sort of rubber stopper to keep me from digging into it, heh.

"Live for today...ummmmmm... something tomorrow?."
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."