Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Art, now with a fixed scanner and new title!

Hybrid View

Arrow Peter's Art, now with a fixed scanner and new title!

Even though I wanted to make a manga, I couldn't really make the February deadline for MaMo. So have a look at the sketches anyway; C&C obviously welcome!

Emote-Chart
    SPOILER! :

Old Hair designs
    SPOILER! :

More of the same
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by PWhit; 04-04-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Title no longer relevant to my current circumstance.

Hi Peter.. Good to have a corner ^^

Regarding your drawings:
    - Good face shape
    - Need to work on face anatomy
    - Try to draw faces from different dimensions. I stuck in drawing them from the front, then stuck in drawing 3/4 face (to the left side, drawing 3/4 from the right side is a bit tougher for me)
    - Show us drawings of full characters, i.e. draw bodies too in order to give you critiques about anatomy.

Waiting for more of ya =)

Looking back and at my current stuff, yeah I should have done more head positions that were different from each other.

[UPDATE 1]

This is actually one of my teachers, but this was still worth mentioning since she was at a 3/4 face profile. (Or at least 7/8 profile, it's a start right?)

SPOILER! :

One day I saw a prostitute in the dead of winter in her skimpy thong-ish bottom and sexy vest but no overcoat. I felt some unusually stupid sympathy and thought "Gee, maybe she would be a load happier with a Eskimo Jacket and G18 pistol..." Then I decided to draw it out and see how happy she would be. At least she isn't crying in frostbite pains anymore!

SPOILER! :

Rejected cover design... I just didn't really like it.

SPOILER! :

Helmet Designs, mostly consistent of Alchemy Symbols.

SPOILER! :

When I looked at my hair designs I actually noticed that they were NOT curly. I tried some curlier hair design without looking at James Patterson's Maximum Ride manga series, then had looked back and saw it was completely wrong. Therefore; I had drawn that and tried to get something out of it.

SPOILER! :

Here is one of the character concepts that didn't make it to full body, but I still have something in mind. Yes, she is intentionally more chubby than most people are supposed to be.

SPOILER! :

[UPDATE 2]

Like anyone is looking, but let me post more just cause.

Felt like experimenting a little with gravity.
    SPOILER! :

A reference for a lever-action rifle. I just love the way it looks and the grip.
    SPOILER! :

Some random head practice, I felt like it was needed.
    SPOILER! :

Posing with the lever-action and sawed-off shotgun.
    SPOILER! :

Thanks to Rio's blog, I actually managed to see how to check everything in terms of anatomy. I don't even know if I did it exactly right, but at least I got a gist of it.
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by PWhit; 04-04-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Wow, nice update =D

You have a nice style going, but the anatomy looks flat, like in the elbows and feet. The hair in your pictures seems to flow very nicely, especially in the 5th pic. Great study into the perspectives of the face, they're already looking better! The guns look good too. Some of the anatomy appears a little strange though. Like in the last picture, her right arm seems a little large and the curve between her back to her butt doesn't flow well. Keep at it!

I'm trying to see what you mean by flat anatomy, but I honestly don't know. I went to the tutorial on the site here and couldn't find it or didn't catch it. Well anyway here comes some MOAR!!@!#$*^@$

I had this one done before I looked at the anatomy tutorial.

SPOILER! :

Pen drawing... just cause. :/

SPOILER! :

The first chibi of one of the people in our anime club, along with vault boy shooting a pool of jello and two worms... yes I was bored.

SPOILER! :

Yet another thing about arms and a person to apply the whole manikin.

SPOILER! :

I finally looked at the hand and arm anatomy tutorial. I think I'm getting there. Oh yeah, and... ignore my vault boy version of myself.

SPOILER! :

A few different head structures, featuring Stalin and Buddha (just cause...)

SPOILER! :

Army guy with pistol, vault boy without without reference, one of our anime club members.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by PWhit; 04-04-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: MOAR ST00F!

I'm kind of new here and I have lots to learn, so first off I'd like to say that I'm not too great at critics. That being said, I'll say what I like: I really like the semi-chibi style in the last two images, they are cute but still have that serious-like feel about them.

I don't usually draw chibi style, but I was really bored during my Contemporary Issues class. At least you were honest about the seriousness factor behind it.

Anyway here's a bit of Gears f-art. I was careful to check the anatomical structures, even though Gears of War is far from anatomically accurate. :/
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by PWhit; 04-04-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Painting in photoshop? What's up with that?

SPOILER! :

Yeah its the cover to the manga that I never wrote yet ... yeah it's complicated to explain.
    Last edited by PWhit; 04-04-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Darlin', you have some lovely strong shades on the wall and ground, but what happened to the person here?! With so many folds and such a light source there should be some contrast there too. And about the sky - I-love! Beautiful.
    It's all lovely and so on, until you realise you are looking at it upside down.

I know i messed up bigtime on the folds, it's supposed to be an oversized trenchcoat but eh..... now it's a REALLY BIG TRENCHCOAT Ver. 2.0.

But thanks anyway lol