Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: spam 26

not only was the miscarriage drama horribly written, it was based on actual events. the creator of the comic actually dumped his irl gf (how he got one i will never kno) because she had a miscarriage. also yeah dominic deegam is total shit he can't write for shit he makes mass effect 3 look like classic literature.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    To really get the full breadth of the horror of the Deeganverse, you'd need to read the SA threads on it which were only around for the last two or three years, and perfectly capture everything wrong with it. Sadly, those have all since fallen into the archives and you would need both an SA account and an Archives upgrade to read them.
    That said, there are older critiques written by SA's own Fuego Fish from his now-legendary and long defunct blog 'your webcomic is bad and you should feel bad.' These are all in order and should be read as such. Believe it or not, the comic got much, much, much, much, MUCH worse than this. The latter end of Dominic Deegan WISHES it could have been good as what Fuego is whining about.
    http://badwebcomicsarchive.blogspot....ic-deegan.html

Mind, Mookie's just the worst writer/artist to ever live. He's a creepy weirdo with seriously fucked up views on women, himself, the arts, and human interaction and morality, but he's not even close to being as much of an asshole as Buckley. The only person who comes close is Gabe, and even Gabe - as huge of a fucking tool as he is - is a far, far, far, far cry from Buckley.

I mean, again, Buckley is banned from basically every convention except the one run by an in-law, and has literally assaulted a woman because she asked him to take out the garbage when he was living at her place for free. Unless you're a convicted criminal, you'd have to make a concentrated effort to be worse than Buckley.

EDIT: I always bring up Deegan because, honestly, I fucking love it. It's a perfect thing unlike anything else. I'm honestly aware of nothing so shockingly and utterly terrible. Again, without hyperbole I am confident to call it the nadir of artistic endeavor. Sonichu and Axe Cop are both better written and display a deeper understanding of storytelling. That Mookie could have made something so utterly terrible for over a decade without ever improving, even by accident, and actually getting *worse* instead is just, quite frankly, breathtaking. Dominic Deegan is a precious and unique snowflake, beautiful in how utterly awful in every way it is. A comic where literally every single forum or thread devoted to it, without exception, eventually descended into a hate/mockery thread. Without exception. You will find more people on the internet willing to defend CAD than you will Deegan.
    I mean, this is a comic that once featured a woman falling in love with the man who raped her as a child and with the whole world treating him as a hero and the story revealing that the only possible reason anyone would hate him is because a demon literally was poisoning their minds, and yet the comic is so fucking terribly written that people - myself included - focus more on the terrible writing than on the fucked up things it says about Mookie like that. Think about that. The writing is so bad people find it more offensive than the suggestion that rapists are sometimes heroes.
    Last edited by Kodos; 01-13-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

gunzet.... come on....

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    wot m8?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

geez dude.....

Bro, come on. Why?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I will not come on, screw the lot of ye.
    <My comic

Do you feel this way sometimes, John?
    <My comic