Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Most Overrated Anime/Manga

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Mad Bull is just so insanely racist, sexist, and generally insane that I can't even get angry at it.

Also I like how the villain in the first plot-line, the huge black dude, is drawn in the oddest way. He's like simultaneously drawn as a fat blob of a man, but also as a big muscular dude. It's like the artist's seriously could not tell if he was supposed to be fat or muscular and just decided 'fuck it!' and went with both.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Full Metal Alchemist.

Yeah.
    ... wat
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

If he means the original anime, I'm going to agree. The original FMA has some good ideas, but by and large it becomes hilariously awful once it rolls off of the manga's canon. Brotherhood/The Mango, on the other hand, is one of my favorite *things* not just anime, so gonna disagree.

In fairness a lot of people take 'overrated' to mean 'popular thing I don't like' rather than 'popular thing I don't think deserves it's popularity.' For example, I honestly don't care for a lot of the Beatles' music. It's not the sort of stuff I enjoy. But I'm not going to say the Beatles are overrated, because while I don't enjoy what they have to offer generally, I more than recognize that they were among, if not the, best at what they did.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Eh, it probally doesn't help that the original FMA series was really highly rated by people before brotherhood came out. You know, the one that hyperactively alternates between ramming the rules of alchemy down your throat, and then instantly disobeying said rules.

Brotherhood I have only seen bits of, and most find okayish, but not as enthralling or original as people seem to say. Continuing to watch it with freinds is fine.

In english; The first series I'd argue is actively bad, the other stuff just isn't my cup of tea.

I'd agree. The original anime is objectively bad in many regards, and subjectively bad in many more, and compared to the mango is like awful fanfiction.

Which, I suppose, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Eh, it probally doesn't help that the original FMA series was really highly rated by people before brotherhood came out. You know, the one that hyperactively alternates between ramming the rules of alchemy down your throat, and then instantly disobeying said rules.
    been trying to articulate since day one why I could not stand that show and now I get it

I don't really get Brotherhood either. What I saw of it was fine I guess, but it didn't feel that much different from the usual shonen fighting/action shows to me. Perhaps if I was more into that kind of show in general, I would appreciate it more.

u guys r worse than german sausages
    and those r the wurst

I'm gonna go and say Bleach.