Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Anime/Manga

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    I don't know. I haven't watched it yet. Saw the first three minutes and my first thought was "Oh, this is another one of those overly dark apocalyptic things or a mecha thing." I don't like mecha, so I figured I wouldn't like AoT. Another reason why I didn't like it is that it kept jamming my computer. Stupid HD.

However, I need to see this show. I will watch it when I have a chance to sit down and do an uninterrupted marathon, because it honestly looks intense.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

the fuck is wrong with u people aot is the fuckin best diesem kommunitie sind das essen

Habla en ingles, por favor.

Also, I didn't say that I DON'T like it or that it isn't a great show, I just DIDN'T like it after the first three minutes, but those were the first three minutes so...

^^^

No mechs in AoT. I feel like it has a lot to say about the kaiju genre.

it is dark man its dark as FUCK

Haven't watched a lot of dark stuff. Almost watched Future Diary, but the manga is better I've heard. Watched maybe five episodes of Ghost Hound, but that's nowhere near dark (although the first epis. made some false promises there.) Also maybe five of so of Monster, but got a little bored with it. Darker than Black was pretty dark, I was surprised to learn it was shojo.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooocast View Post
    Neon Genesis. I do like it it's just no where close to as good as people say it is.
    FLCL. Same.
    Guren Lagan. I don't really care for the characters and the mechs are really boring.
    I agree with Guren Lagan, and maybe Evangelion, but FLCL and Cowboy Bebop? NOoooooooooooooooooOOooo why hath you forsaken me!?

Oh, also, FMA. Either series. The only characters I really watched them for were Hughes and Greed, they were awesome.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Fullmetal Alchemist
    One Piece
    Bleach
    DBZ
    Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Genuinely interested in hearing why you guys dont like attack on titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    it is dark man its dark as FUCK
    It's not that I dislike AoT, its more that there are certain points I think they over exaggerate to a point where it becomes unenjoyable.
    The idea of human corruption and us being our own enemy is kinda taken to ludicrous lengths. The three leads (Eren, Mikasa, Armin) are just more angsty hormonal characters with mediocre development. The way it builds tension etc is just generally overshadowed by other greater shows like Breaking Bad (assuming its viable to compare the two), and upon reflection I just find it to be quite silly despite it being "dark" at the time.

Oh... and it's fanart is really annoying.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I imagine that to those who know me on these forums, my hatred and feelings for Evangelion are probably legend by now. To those who don't: I think that if I ever bothered making another in-depth writing guide thread, or ever taught a class on storytelling/fiction writing, I would use Eva and/or Dominic Deegan as the class texts to teach by way of what not to do. Ever.

That said, as an aside, to everyone who listed Bleach - can a show that got cancelled and which the manga is no longer even considered one of the Big Three really be said to be overrated?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Couldn't swear to it, but I think the DtB anime came first, with the shoujo manga as a spin-off that started around the same time. I haven't read it, but I'd hazard a guess that it would have been retooled to make it more appealing to that audience. There was a seinen manga later on as well.

AoT I didn't mind, but I wasn't sufficiently grabbed by it to bother watching it properly. I get that it's probably got a bit more bite than your average shonen manga these days, I just wasn't in the mood to see Teen Attack Force Z try to save the world again.

For my $0.02, Black Butler. I get why it would appeal to the fujoshi brigade, but I don't get the wider popularity. Butler not even black.

Kids on the Slope as well. Not aggressively horrible, but a very unremarkable show, given the big names involved.