What are your top 5 games?

ONLY 5

Mine (In no order):
    Metro Last Light
    Shin Megami Tensei 4
    Gone Home
    America's Army: Proving Ground
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

I said in no order, but Metro was definitely my favorite. Just a beautiful game in a genre I usually can't stand.

SMT4 is filled with such hatred for the player its not possible to disrespect it. A boss that uses a needle attack that hits the entire party for massive damage, and you have to beat her before you can even get armor that can deal with needles? Yeah fuck you.

Gone Home gave me feels. Amazing music.

AA:PG is such a weird entry but its so rare that I enjoy a competitive FPS. While it may not be as deep or skill-driven as other games, it shits on modern gaming conventions and I love that. There are only a few weapons, and while there is a ranking system levelling up actually does nothing for you aside from tell people how long you've been playing.

MGR almost didn't make my list, but this game is so fucking cool when it wants to be. It tries to hard to tug your heartstrings, but it does have a lot of legit ideas and they're executed well. Not the best Platinum game by far, and not the best Metal Gear but... even a shitty Platinum/Metal Gear is an above average game.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    The Last of Us
    Injustice
    GTAV
    DmC
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Tales of Xillia
    The Last of Us
    Metal Gear Rising
    Persona 4 Arena (yes I know it was released in 2012 but the digital version wasn't 'till '13 which is the version I have)
    Saints Row IV

Shadow Warrior
    Contagion
    Hotline Miami
    Guacamelee! Gold Edition
    FTL: Faster Than Light

Shadow Warrior was simply put; A remake done right.
    The sword combat was freaking gorgeous, the enemies where tough as nails yet fair, and the look of the firearms was bad-ass.
    My only complaint is the non-existing balance between the sword and the firearms. You can basicly beat the entire game using the sword + sword techniques.
    One moment you're wrecking an entire horde of hellspawn with your katana; blood and gore staining your blade, blood splashing against your face and mixing with your sweat. And when you pull out your uzi's/revolver/shotgun and it feels like you're using a freaking bb gun.
    But still, the game does have a LOT of charm.

Contagion has to be one of the best zombie shooters on the market this year. if not the best ever.
    While I'm not the biggest fan of zombie shooters, Contagion immidiately had my attention when i first saw DasBoSchitt play it.
    I like how there's an emphasis on teamwork, whether you're a zombie or a suvivor.

Hotline Miami is probably one of the most hectic games i have played this year.
    Love the music, love the visceral combat and i love the subtle refferences towards movies like Drive.

Hotline Miami came out on PC in 2012 you FUCKING HERETIC

Last of Us and Papers, Please were the only two I really enjoyed. Haven't played that many games this year though.

And I really hate Atlus for denying us SMT4

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Hotline Miami came out on PC in 2012 you FUCKING HERETIC
    By Slaanesh, give me a goddamn break.

Quote Originally Posted by Taragon View Post
    And I really hate Atlus for denying us SMT4
    Who is "us"? Europe?

saints row 4
    Saints row 4
    Saints Row 4
    saints row iv
    Saints Row IV

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It was that good? Cause I'm getting it next round I have some cash, but I keep hearing it just doesn't live up to SR3.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."