Thread: Accidental Art (theAnimeRebel)

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar

Accidental Art (theAnimeRebel)

Welcome to my art thread. Please, enjoy your stay. I don’t know if I can call all of this art or not, but it’s a little of what I have been doing of late. Irregular updating to be expected, because I am technically challenged and frequently break the internet. Anyway…

This is my new scanner!
    SPOILER! :

But yeah, taking pics actually seems to work better for me as opposed to scanning them, so please excuse the low res and/or quality.

Questions, comments, concerns, compliments, critiques, rhetorical statements, scientific hypothesis, crude and uneducated remarks, etc. are all appreciated.

But be warned. Bleeding eyes often result after visiting this thread. You are entirely responsible for your own safety. Enter at your own risk.
    Last edited by theAnimeRebel; 12-19-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

First of all, sorry that these are so oversized. That's why they're in spoilers. Heh.

SPOILER! :
    Working on perspective. I hate the final sketch, and didn’t really finish it, but my teachers loved it. I hate school sometimes.

SPOILER! :
    Arrowheads, medieval Japanese. Tried to work on metallic toning. Stuff like this isn’t too difficult with reference.

And a tachi. Sketched this with a pen at work in 5-10 min, I think.

SPOILER! :
    This was also for school. O_o I have no idea what happened. You know when you re-work something 5 bazillion times and it still isn’t right? Well, that’s what happened here. Initial sketch was great but the proportions didn’t transfer when I did the full-sized pastel. I like the skin tone, and hate everything else. I know what’s wrong with it though, which is why it isn’t in the critique corner.

SPOILER! :
    More pastel. Meh. Figured out that adding white is actually brighter white than leaving the paper blank in pastel. (Who would have thunk?)

SPOILER! :
    Julius Caeser, or something. Another school painting. The jaw isn’t actually that skewed, must have messed up on taking that picture. It is a little off though. Oh well. Half dry-brushed and half wet. (Watercolor.) Tried to do more blending… but, eh.

SPOILER! :
    Another thing from school. I painted this guy 20 min. after getting slugged in the nose while playing football. So, it’s not my best by any means. Heh.

SPOILER! :
    Mechanics of a music box pocket watch… sort of. I’m usually pretty bad with mechanical type stuff. Don’t draw it enough, ironically.

SPOILER! :
    Finally, a girl! I suck at drawing girls, but I envisioned this gal in my head before sketching her out, she seems a little more unique to me.

SPOILER! :
    Drew this as I was falling asleep. Trying to work out a style for my current comic project, which is why this seems so random. I have trouble with panel placement, start seeing circles in my squares and all.

This is a guy from that same comic^^^. He’s an undead Italian mafia dude from the 30’s.

SPOILER! :
    Fanfiction guy. Experimenting with line weight on the inks. Tried to go for “minimalist” there, sort of anime style.

SPOILER! :
    Spanish comic. (Meaning, a comic written in Spanish)

1. Tried to make an eye seem burning red with black and white. Maybe a “focal zoom” effect like this will give it more impact?

2. Saint. He’s a ranger type dude, a bit of an anti-hero. Trying to work out his “look.”

3. A gun. From reference.

4. Cain. Ignore the hand. X_x. Also trying to figure out this guy’s look/personality.
    Last edited by theAnimeRebel; 12-19-2013 at 10:28 PM.

omg these are legit good plus ur op is p funny gj tab diggin ur work keep it up man

You should digital man c:

I can no digital man, I have no money. Can't even buy a scanner so... yeah.