Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error 404 - Not Found

Error 404 - Not Found

D: I've tried to post a new thread (for my story) in Manga & Anime Works 3 times now, and each time I click 'Submit New Thread' it brings me to a page that says 'Error 404 - Not Found.'

After the first time, I thought it might be a time-out issue, so I pressed the back button, copied the content of my post, and refreshed the page. I pasted the content back in, clicked 'Submit New Thread,' and it brought be back to the error page.

Then I went to the main forum page, clicked on the Manga & Anime Works section, clicked to post a new thread, pasted my info in, and clicked 'Submit New Thread.' That also brought me to a page that said 'Error 404 - Not Found.'

Help? D:

EDIT:
    It seems like I posted too many characters at once.

I just tried again, only posting the first chapter of the story, and the thread was made with no problem. I'm going to edit the post and try to put the other 2 chapters in.

But if the thread doesn't allow me to do that, may I post a reply with the rest of the story in it, please? D:

EDIT 2:
    The thread won't let me post all of chapter 3. I tried.
    Last edited by SmartrykFoster; 08-26-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I don't really know what that could be. Rio might have an idea though. We've just changed the forums recently so it may have something to do with that.

I suspect a character limit. I just read a post in the 'Manga tips for a good writer' thread in the Manga & Anime Works section, and in post #18 ClockHand seems to have run into the same problem:

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    First; fuck this shitty forum, I wrote this extremely long post just to get a "error" message from the forum, and now I have to write everything again.

Yeah I saw your thread and you have a super long post. Try splitting your message up into multiple posts

That's what I wanted to do, but there's a rule against double-posting (and I don't see a rule that overrides that in the Manga & Anime Works section). D:

EDIT:
    I just tried posting episode 3 in a reply to the first post (episode 3 has less characters than the contents of the first post), and I got the same error message! D:
    Last edited by SmartrykFoster; 08-26-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Yeah, double posting is against the rules, but the only reason why you're doing it is because your post is too long for one post. So it's okay if you post more than once for this thing.

x.x ...I tried. maybe it's because I started it with a disclaimer to Rio to blame you for suggesting that I break the rules?

EDIT:
    I tried to post episode 3 in a reply, and the board game me the error message. So I posted about half of episode 3.

Then, when I posted the rest of episode 3 at a third reply, the board merged that post with the second post, separated by: - - - Updated - - -

O.o; ...but it wouldn't let me post the whole episode in a single reply?
    Last edited by SmartrykFoster; 08-26-2012 at 04:04 AM.

maybe instead of posting the whole script of each episode, post one episode as an example for people to read who might be interested and then send them the rest of the scripts if they want to help you.

I messaged Rio, and will see what happens when she replies. I kinda wanted to post the first 3 episodes as an indicator of how the story would flow and what kind of art would be required. The first episode is kinda heavy on art, but the second and third episodes are a better indicator of the series.

If you wanted to show flow what about posting a synopsis of each episode rather than the whole script. The issue is clearly character limits in the post, so you should be thinking about ways to get around the character limit.