Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello~

Hello~

o.o ...hello? Can I come in?

okay!

Hi, I'm Smartryk Foster! ^_^

I found this site from another site where Ceta mentioned it, whom I found from another site, and... D: No, I won't tell you!

Anyway, I'm more of a copy artist than an original artist (need to learn body proportions, shading and perspective).

But I'm on this site to look for an artist for a dramatized manga series! D:

(The script of the first 3 episodes will be in the writing forum. Enjoy! )

And thank you for letting me join the site!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! I'm glad you could join us! It's great that you're drawing from reference and learning that bases of drawing! There are a lot of artists that skip that.

There are a lots of places to recruit or hire people (be sure to read the rules of each section before posting a thread, though!)

Thank you!

I've always been a good copy artist. In grade 1, the teacher asked us to draw a cat on a mat, so I went home, looked at a comic book (Top Hat), and drew Top Hat, relaxing in his garbage can with a sun umbrella, on a mat. I basically drew that panel almost exactly the way it was in the comic.

When I gave it to the teacher, later she called my parents in and told them not to do my homework for me.

Sadly, I haven't practiced drawing much since then, so copy-art is basically still the only type of drawing that I can do! D: (and now I'm an adult!)

EDIT:

If I want to post the script of my story, which is intended to be a dramatied manga, should I post it in the Writer's Arena or the Manga & Anime Works section? D:

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by SmartrykFoster; 08-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Just make extra sure to credit the reference!

Manga & Anime Works is where you'll want to post.

Thank you!

Why hello there, welcome to the MT

Thank you!

I just tried to post a thread in the Manga & Anime Works section, and I think the board broke! D: (posted the problem in Ask a Mod)

Hmm you know Ceta?

No, but I found his art, followed that to his gallery, and found mention of Manga Tutorials!

I was going to introduce myself to him next. But then I ran into the error message here, and haven't posted in the Help Wanted section yet...

oooh. Welcome, btw