Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Car Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    im not sure if you're serious but if you paid 40k for that u got ripped off
    Tbh that is pretty cheap for a Maserati

Although not a 2300 GT, because I'm joking
    Last edited by Delphinus; 05-30-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Well the 3200gt isnt really a famous maserati and its at that point between being a new car and a collector car so thats actually a really high price for them. Ive seen those listed for around 9-12k

Gotta get some new resistors or something cuz the radio in my car doesn't work. I might just get a new deck to go in, maybe one I can plug my phone in with a usb cable. also I was thinking about putting some new bumper signal lights and side marker lights. They're stock amber ones but I think some clear ones would make it look a lot sleeker

SPOILER! :

Here's a supra with the clear lights:
    SPOILER! :

when are you gonna start drifting

idk. I'm much more comfortable driving manual again, so who knows. Maybe once I can play music in my car, i'll put running in the 90s on and it will inspire me.

Also I need to get another bolt to fasten the front license plate to the front bumper, one of the two bolts fell out somewhere... I wish I didn't need plates on the front man, it looks terrible. Frickin laws

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    So I need a car and I may have found one but I'm nervous. Spoiler because it's kinda rambling shit.
    SPOILER! :
    So I still have no license and my sisters car has all kinds of problems like windows keep breaking, starts sputtering and has stalled a few times, we can be driving and it will lurch forward randomly or it will just take the fuck off after the break is released so I'm not comfortable driving it or learning in it.
    I've been shopping for a car (I was told I can own a car without having a license as long as it's insured and I have a licensed passenger with me when I drive with my permit) so I can learn consistently and finally get comfortable enough to take the test in. That started my journey of finding out that I can't fit in a lot of cars drivers seats. It's the damn leg room!!! My leg doesn't stay parallel with the seat and then bend down onto the gas or break (I've watched how a lot of people drive and notice that typically that is how they are when driving) for me my leg goes up and off the seat at an angle starting from my hip and bends a little beyond the steering wheel so my leg is always in the way even when the steering wheel is locked in an upper position and I have to constantly bend my foot up so as to not slam on the gas constantly and it's stressing my ankle out and switching to the break is a task because I have to lift my whole leg up rather than move it over or pivot my foot on the ball of my heel. And this is all with the seat pushed all the way back completely eliminating the drivers side passenger seat as an option for anyone.
    So after looking and looking for the past month and a half I find a Ford Expedition that I fit in comfortably! I found a couple others but they needed wheel barrings replaced, new tires, and cracks in the windshield that we're starting to star out and they wouldn't come down on the price what so ever. Found another one yesterday and the power to the drivers seat is messed up so I can't adjust it but they said they would fix that and check out a vibration that starts up when it gets to around 60mph and change the oil because it's possibly too thin and causing this clicking noise after we test drove it. So now I'm debating if I want to keep looking or if I'm ready to go spend all this cash on my first car.
    This one
    http://www.auto.com/cars/Ford-Expedi...41LA81135#info

That looks decent, its got good mileage for that year and the outside looks in good shape. Being an american car parts will be easy to find and cheap as well. Idk about the price though offer them 4k and see what happens. Make sure you take the car for a test run when you're looking at it and check the oil, run your finger along the inside of the exhaust pipe too. If theres a lot of black it probably means the engine is burning oil and that means you go find another car. Check stuff like maintenance records, how many owners there have been, whether its been in accidents, etc.

Like need for speed shift.

My passenger side window stopped working so I had to take apart the door panel to get at the connectors and clean them and its working now. Also I found out that the fuses are all fine so I'm not sure whats wrong with the radio. I think I might just put a new deck in there anyway and get them to connect it up when I buy it

I put a new stereo in the Supra, its p sweet. It's a touch screen pioneer deck. Apparently the old one had blown the fuse in the radio itself which basically turns it into an expensive paperweight.

also today I drove up beside a mk4 supra with rhd and the dude and I made eye contact and he kinda gave me this weird look and rev'd his engine like he wanted to race so we started drivin a bit faster but there were other cars right in front of us so we slowed down again and then just kinda tried not to look at each other again after that