Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Seddy's art stuff~ **Lots of Nudity**

Some recent stuff:

No focus as of late can't finish anything. X_X

Oh, that first one's very whimsical and pretty! I love the range of colors!

On the protrait, the crease/dimple from her nose to her mouth on the left side, curve inward and go out farther than the straighter short one on the right. Also, the (our) left side of her face is narrower than the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

<3!

Thanks for pointing out those mistakes! I went ahead and fixed them (as well as a few others).

blurgh

looks rad
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

It's looking good so far. I think, in all your art, you should use more extreme contrasts in value to really make everything pop and catch the eyes' attention. I've noticed you rarely use real white and black. I know you like only post WIPS, but it's just something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks for the critique, JJ! I've been trying to be more conscientious of my value ranges. =D

Danke, Acer. =D

Last edited by Sedistra; 05-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The second and the fifth ones are my favorite out the bunch.

I think you have the basics down with everything right now, but what you really need to work on atm (and is a common problem that even I had) is your crispness.

Right now things can get a bit muddy, and I think it has to do with you trying to merge so many values at once which is why I like the second one a lot-- I can clearly see your darkest darks, lightest lights, and midtones. There are also some clear and defined edges that the eye can follow.

A way to remedy this would be to really limit your pallet and work with what you've given yourself. Maybe only 3-4 shades/colors so you can pay equal attention to shape and value, because once you have a clear shape, placing values becomes much easier.

I'm sure you probably know all of this but hey, can always do with a little reminder.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

The first and second ones are awesome!! And your landscapes (especially the one at the top of the page which I somehow missed earlier?) look fantastic! My only crit is to echo gunz on the crispness. :/ Can't wait to see more!!!

@Gunz: Thanks for the critique, Gunzu!

I have a bad habit of stopping at the start/midway of the refinement stage. =(
    I'mma go back to a few of these next and mess around with them before I move on. =D

@Cora: Thanks Cora!