Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seddy's art stuff~ **Lots of Nudity**

Seddy's art stuff~ **Lots of Nudity**

I've hit a wall with my art, and I need help getting over it. ; _ ;

If you can lead me in the right direction, that'd be awesome. =DDDD

I lost most of my recent artwork when my HD crashed, so I'll post what I managed to scrape up, and my works over the past week or so.

I also have a really bad habit of not completing anything.

Ignore the right arm on this one, I'm still getting around to shortening it a bit. ;D

This is. Uggg. I forgot what I was doing with this one.

I hate it so much I wish it were dead.

Hyung Tae Kim homage! Woooo! <3
    *Super incomplete*

Yet another painting I decided to drop halfway through.
    This one's about 4 months old now.

Found this on my photobucket, this is the under-sketch for the above painting.

All I have left are recent studies I did.
    I lost so much art when my HD died, holy shit.

-------------------------------------------------
    Added: 8/25/2012

Last edited by Sedistra; 08-25-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    It's teh boobie lady!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Actually, the right arm on that first one looks about the right size to me, if not a little too short...

Stuff isn't so bad, through, despite not being finished. The outfits in particular are really well thought out.

Keep at it, duderino!

Kodosu: HANDS OFF THE PANDA!

Reg: If you say so, hahaha! It feels like the elbow comes down too far, even in that bent position.

Thanks! Though the only outfit I can really take credit for is the knight. Everything else is fanart/Stylized re-draws. Aside from the second one. Her clothing is kinda lacking in the games, so I just exaggerated it. A lot. XD

Here's a Morrigan Speedpaint I just did~ I stopped where I did because the face would've taken too long to complete. =S

~25 minutes spent on it
    *****First post Updated******
    Last edited by Sedistra; 08-25-2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: I'm just gonna keep all the pictures in the first post. Saves myself the hassle of digging through pages.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Alright, so kicking this off here. No intro, just straight to it.

It's not bad, really.
    What you have going on here is the start of a nice value sketch, though it could be made better in some parts, which I'll go over.
    The head seems a bit broken, well, not the head, but the neck. She seems to be looking directly to her side whilst her body is facing forward, and there are no signs of her straining to do so, because I sat here and tried that, and indeed you can, but it strains your neck. There are no signs of that here, so it looks unnatural and awkward. What I would have done was just make it angled forwards a bit, 3/4-ish.
    Now I'm not getting super critical here, cause most of these are unfinished, and just practice, right? Aight, cool, onto the hair.
    The hair looks mmm, interesting I should say, but the back part looks out of place a bit. The hair on her head, and hanging off the front blends in pretty good, but then you have this massive strand booming out the back of her head, and it throws the balance of the piece off. I'm not saying get rid of it, but you have to add in some other elements to make that work out. As for the quality, it looks very muddy, and I can see you were trying some different settings in there, which is cool.
    See, when you're working digitally, you have to find what works with you, and oftentimes once you find that, you stick with it.
    I'm gonna skip any kind of anatomy advice, cause everyone knows I can't draw women, so it's not my place to really give any advice there. Now materials on the otherhand-
    The clothing looks very tight, which I think you were going for, but tight in a stiff way You also made the focus point of the piece her tits, due to the thick black outline around that area, I'm immediately drawn to her chest. So good job with that, cause I love tits. But more seriously, it needs to be dimmed down a bit, cause that really is the first place I go with this one.
    Overal, pretty nice, good practice, contrast is looking nice, could use a bit more sharpness and texture, and defining shapes so that some areas dont look so flat.

I actually quite like this piece here, man, why u gotta hate it?
    I think it looks great right now, and could make a real awesome finished piece if you ever got around to it. I see enough to get the idea, and the flow of things. The focus point is clear, which is looking up the girl's dress, and yea, pretty cool. Dunno man, it's unfinished and I can't say much on it cause I like it, maybe change the perspective of her surroundings, so it looks like she's coming down from somewhere? Right now the background looks very static, with a few dynamic areas, but the left side lacks the energy the right side has, though the left side is more clear. :/

Could be a cool piece if you took the idea further, but I can see enough to get the just of things. Ehm, I can't say much on it though.

Damit, man! Why don't you finish these!? Ugh, see, I love the design and everything. You have a nice balanced pose that fits her body, she looks sturdy, so does the armor, the staff could use a bit more definition, and the cloth around her hips could cling and flow better, but I like it. If you just put in like say 5 hours on it, you could make it awesome+.
    Now I will point out some things with the values. You don't wanna try and add in any color yet if you're doing a value sketch, you wanna get the values down first, then add color, or just start straight up with color, and if there are black areas, add those in the process. You also want to try and keep the underlines from showing, and replace those with painted value as well.

Dem hips, dat ass.

Alright, so you showed me this one yesterday, and I said it was.

So here I go.
    Let me start by saying I love the shapes you have going on here, and the textured brushes you fell in love with really work. I also recognize the character from somewhere, but I forgot, I do know Kodos has a thing for her. ANYWAYS- It looks great. Now let's talk about what can be fixed, and made better.
    Now you've got the hang of this stuff, okay, cool, next step is what to do with it, and clean up, fixing things through erasing, making certain parts more defined, etc. I assume you know how to do all of that, cause you're no newbie, so I wont go into that. Though I did mention something about darker contrast yesterday.
    Just get a BIT darker in some spots, because right now, everything is sitting in one neutral area of gray; the midtones. You have your light areas, now you need your dark areas, and don't be afraid of the dark, but use it sparingly also. Try to use a light/slightly dark gray backdrop before you do another one in this style, and see if that doesn't help you pinpoint where to put the darks and lights better.
    Alright, that's it for that.

Now I know you didn't ask for a general crit, but um, this would have been pretty short if I didn't add that stuff in, lol.
    As for tips with digital painting/drawing/derping around
    What you wanna do is just find what works for you, it's the same with traditional, you mess around with a bunch of materials, and then BAM, you find something you like. From there, you finetune your choice of materials, i.e. brushes and settings, shortcuts, layout, program, etc. And you get good at it. It'll take a while to fine exactly what works, but you'll find it, like last night when you spazzed out over the brushes.
    There are also nuuuumerous techniques you can try out. I use a bunch, depending on my mood and whatnot. So try drawing with brushes that work like pens, pencils, maybe charcoals and conte. Do silhouettes, value sketches, try all that in your own way. You'll get the hang of it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Alright, I hit all I could, tired as hell, time to play some SKATE.
    Anything I missed, or something you wanna know, hit me up.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

OMG, THANKS GUNZET!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post this! <3

I'm gonna respond to each crit with questions/comments of my own in the same numbered fashion. That way I'm not all over the place, hahaha!

#1:

Yeah, I see what you're talking about with the head. The torso is doing the same thing--it's kinda just floating in the middle, when that pose demands it be clearly defined in one direction or the other.

The hair is poorly placed as well. It just adds another vertical element to the composition. I bet if I had made the hair curve out more, making it a kinda trianglish composition (Similar to piece #3), I could've pulled the look off.

I know exactly what you mean about the clothes being tight. =(
    I was going to throw in some folds to alleviate that, but I couldn't get my brush settings to agree with me. I tried like 3 different methods, but couldn't get any of them to agree with me so I just got frustrated and made solid blocks of value.

I timelapsed this painting, so I actually have the transition between the two saved.

I had a loose value structure going at this point, and was ready start embellishing on them, but I forget what happened exactly.
    It went from looking like: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/Sedistra/10.jpg
    To: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/Sedistra/11.jpg

within like 5 minutes.

It feels like style whiplash. XD
    I changed painting styles mid-painting and raged out and tried winging it.

I learned something from it, at least! HAHAHAHA!

Oh god, you may like it but I absolutely hate it. This piece was a train-wreck. I think I switched painting styles like 10 times through this whole thing. I HAVE A TIMELAPSE OF THIS, SO LET ME BE YOUR GUIDE ON THIS TRIP.

Alllrriiigghhhtt! This trip starts a bit past the early compositional piecing phase. After switching back and forth between a white-on-black, black-on-white, black-on-grey, white-on-grey scheme, I eventually decided on black-on-grey:http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...eimuSketch.jpg (if you look close enough, you can see the white lines from when it was white on black)

Did I say black on grey? Well, turns out I suddenly switched to white on black: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...imusketch2.jpg

I eventually man-mode it, grey out the problem areas that were annoying me and decide to just start throwing in my values. It was pretty fun, because I just tossed the opacity up to about 70% and put some value down that felt good. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...imuSketch3.jpg

After I decide the values of the skirt are good enough to move away from for now, I realize that such a small drawing area felt too restricting. I add more canvas space and loosely place value where I feel it should go, setting up for whatever. I'm not quite sure yet, but I feel something good can come out of it. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...edmoreroom.jpg

I continue tinkering with the values of the piece, embellishing the character more and deciding on where else to place value. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ewyoureimu.jpg

Trainwreck incoming. Oh god, this is hilarious. You should open up a tab of the last one, and of the upcoming one and click back and forth between the two rapidly. WH-WH-Wh-Wh-Wh-WH-WH-WHIPPLAASSHH!

I tune my brush down to about 10% opacity+10% flow and attack my tablet. Working over a large area + A brush that barely puts pigment on the canvas = LOTS OF IMPATIENT PAINTING. I find myself just putting a lot of black down for some reason.

Idk. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/cypehalp.jpg

I then proceed to forget that iteration ever existed. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...tra/this-1.jpg
    WAS THE COVER-UP SUCCESSFUL!?

I try taking it a lot more slowly, and just blotch value down in big areas at a time. Cloud-esque and whatnot.
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...tra/Likeso.jpg

I spend a bit more time on it, clean it up a bit.
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ewhatsaved.jpg

I spend even MORE time on it, just painting to paint. Not really expecting anything.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...datefortzt.jpg

BAM! Now we're up to date, and my problem is exactly what you were talking about. IDK.

I don't know where to go from here. The left side looks bland as fuck compared to the right side, and I REALLY don't feel like spending any more time fixing another goddamn issue with this painting. SO I'MMA JUST BURN IT.

I liek dis one. <3

It was a sanity painting while I was doing the one above it. Just something to get my mind off of #2. I'll probably come back to it next time I go insane.

#4. I don't finish anything because I reach a wall. ; _ ;

With this one, it was that I had to go back and apply value instead of lines. It was like the first time in a while that I worked from a lineart sketch I made, instead of a value sketch. Yeah, not fucking doing that again. Good lord, how do people even work from lineart? Holy shit.

Plus, I got lost in layers etc., etc.

TL;DR I ONLY USE ONE LAYER NOW.

5. I like this more than the semi-colored one.

6. Yeah man, those brushes were fucking sick. =D

I'll try and give her a clean-up sometime soon. I didn't wanna ruin her. XD
    Yeah, I have a bit of an issue with dark tones. "Don't be afraid of the dark" made me laugh. <3
    It's just so scary, man. =(

Like, you drop some black in. OHSHITFUCKPAINTINGISNOWOFFTHEDEEPEND! WWHHOOOAAA WATCH OUT GUYS!

Oh god! I LOVE that you gave a general crit. I appreciate you taking the time to write this so much! <3

If you're ever near MI. Drop by my house and we can get wasted on some good shit. <3

Dude, I know this is a lot to ask, but if you can comment on my comments/questions that'd be fucking awesome! <3

ILU GUUNNNZZZUUUU
    Last edited by Sedistra; 08-26-2012 at 04:11 AM.

All I can really say is that in #3 the leg on our left seems displaced, might just be me though . _ .
    Also, in #5 the eyes seems a bit high placed.

I'M SORRY SEDS, I REALLY CAN'T SAY MUCH MORE ; _ ;
    Your work is just too good to have flaws <3

EDIT : OH. Something I noticed before but I forgot I guess. In #1, the part of her dress around her boobs seems like it's held in that square shape by something non-fabric. If that makes sense. Like it's being forced to stay in that square shape, when otherwise it would just, by a lack of better wording, fall down on the boobs and cover them. If that even makes sense at all 'ORZ

Also, I'd suggest to actually add the numbers by the pieces in your post, critiquing might get a little confusing when you get more pieces in the post.
    Last edited by Sho; 08-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Gonna drop a bunch of stuff in here.

I've been messing with color as of late, and would like anything anyone has to say pertaining to that subject. =)

Even more doodles.

Oh man oh man, this is looking good... neat stuff seddy!

NOW finish a drawing, i'd love to see a finished piece @w@
    Quote Originally Posted by Togame
    Cheerio