Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
I don't nag it, I just don't like copying.
It's okay, just don't get upset if things do not end as you imagine.

I think that copying a reference you find on the internet, especially if it's of a person, is as bad as stealing the picture.
So if I copy a reference of an apple I see on the market I'm stealing the apple? Look, this is why I'm okay with artist copying each other styles or poses, its because art is in it principle "copy based", we started at copying what we could see, and with time we learned to manipulate that to make it what we want to be. And with more time I learned from those people who did that to start exploiting qualities we want of those drawings. Art is build on copying, this is how we made little steps on developing art, just look at modern street art, it is just a filtered version of pop art and design on the most part.

as the person on the photo or the owner of the original picture have not agreed on you drawing it.
Following the same idea, if every person would be like that we would be sinking art. The whole deal in art is to copy as a base of progression, we copy, we might not do big changes, other people might do very bold changes, but the fact is, we copy, and with every copy we make progressions or at least changes. If people start being like "I don't agree with others using my work for their improvement" we are just going to sink.

However if you only use the anatomy or the base of the objects or surroundings, you do not copy the art and therefore make it more original and own as well as not stealing something you do not own the rights of.
You can still copy the whole thing and say "it is based of X opus, made by Y". It's not stealing if you recognize the source and you don't recognize the authority of the work. I think you have things mixed, stealing art is when you basically take something from someone else and take complete authority over the work, using references is just copying what you see with out authority over the image.

No matter what you say, I will only use references to see the base and anatomy unless it's a person I'm about to draw and got the rights to draw them. Though even then, I'll change the pose and clothing (as for the draw an mt member thread).
I don't want you to change, I don't even care. This is just too funny to let it go.