Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Seattle, Washington.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Were you in the South?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Welp here it comes

I usually go to places like detroit and stuff, but I've been to florida and they were nice there

Nah, I'm only messing, Americans aren't that stupid. They just seem to know very little, if anything, about the rest of the world. If its not reported on Fox News or CNN, then is unknown. Seems strange to me. Probably down to the fact that only, what, 13% of Americans own passports? Maybe a little more, but certainly no higher than 20%. It seems to be that you are only guaranteed to meet a smart American if you meet them outside of America. Sorry, just the way it is. But still, they do great pancakes.

There's no denying Americans can make you a breakfast fit for kings

Dude, HOS, where'd you get that number. That's scary.

You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Dude, HOS, where'd you get that number. That's scary.
    There are many sources, here is one of them: http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi...stats_890.html

It states that 12,613,153, as of 2011, Americans owned passports. The population of the US as of 2011 was approximately 311 million. You do the math. Seriously, do the math, my maths suck balls. Bare in mind that the number of passports and the population has increased slightly over a year. I've read 13% somewhere, and that sounds about right, but its probably less, really.

Regardless, its kinda depressing that a country where so many of their citizens regard themselves as the a part of the greatest country in the world have never actually been anywhere else. How do they they know? They could be giving shit away for free in other countries. Do you know one of the things many countries give away for free? Health Insurance. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester_Of_Sorrow View Post
    There are many sources, here is one of them: http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi...stats_890.html

It states that 12,613,153, as of 2011, Americans owned passports. The population of the US as of 2011 was approximately 311 million. You do the math. Seriously, do the math, my maths suck balls. Bare in mind that the number of passports and the population has increased slightly over a year. I've read 13% somewhere, and that sounds about right, but its probably less, really.

Regardless, its kinda depressing that a country where so many of their citizens regard themselves as the a part of the greatest country in the world have never actually been anywhere else. How do they they know? They could be giving shit away for free in other countries. Do you know one of the things many countries give away for free? Health Insurance. Just saying.
    Hey man, I agree. That's rather pathetic. Although, I was just in Europe for a month.

You're my favorite.

It's OK, dude, I'm not critizing you or any other American on this site (apart from Jubah and Kodos, of course) it just seems like a bit of an oddity to me. Hell, I like America its a nice place full of nice people. But in all honestly, its well behind many other parts of the world, including many places that are not '1st world countries'. Just what I've noticed.

The idea that there is a "best country" is part of the problem.

You're my favorite.