Thread: Sparky for hire (I draw nude booties if interested.)

Hybrid View

Sparky for hire (I draw nude booties if interested.)

NAME: Ryan O'Dell
    DA: http://sparky-j.deviantart.com/
    EMAIL: sparkydono@gmail.com
    Type of art: Digital. Character art, comics, icons/avatars, Color and B&W, 18+ material is fine so long as all characters involved are of legal age.

I apologize for the large images.
    SPOILER! :

PRICES
    Character portraits
    full body sketch: 10$
    full body line B&W: 20$
    Full body Color: 25$

Bust sketch: 5$
    bust line B&W: 10$
    Bust color: 15$

Line-ups of 5-10 characters: 35$

Character and BG*
    Sketch: 15$
    Line: 25$
    Color: 30$

*additional characters 5$

COMICS
    35$ per page, we can discuss rates for color or smaller things like strips.

I also do Icons and avatars: Prices flexible.

Dude, $35 per page for a comic is a rip off. No chance. Consider lowering your prices and I will consider offering a comic position.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester_Of_Sorrow View Post
    Dude, $35 per page for a comic is a rip off.
    Considering the amount of work that goes into a comic page vs. a stand alone illustration, no it's not. I did say that I was willing to discuss rates depending on the workload. If you give me some insight on what you're looking for I'll let you make an offer or if it's a certain number of pages then we can do a bundle deal. I'm willing to make a deal, especially if a buyer doesn't a full color comic or only want lax backgrounds. My asking price is very far below the low end of industry standard, but also keep in mind that it's an asking price and I'm an independent seller so I'm perfectly willing to settle on a lower price.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. But I still think $35 per page is a little out of my price range for what I am looking to get done.

Essentially, I have two story ideas that I think are good enough to develop into comics of a decent length. No colouring, just good ol' pencil and ink, but on certain panels there would need to be some super sexy detailed backgrounds. I won't go in to details of what the stories are at this point, I'll just give you an idea of genre so you'll know, more or less, what you will be drawing.

First is an epic fantasy story that will involve you drawing lots of armor, lots of swords, lots of monstrous creatures of varies kinds, medieval European style locations; castles, farmhouses, trading towns, mountain passes etc. You get the idea.

The second idea is more of an action story, set in the modern day in various locations around the world, so lots of realism, lots of guns, cars, modern day clothing, and of course drawing from reference pics of world landmarks, for example, say a part of the story was set in Beijing, China, you would need to know how to draw the Forbidden Palace. You get the idea.

In a perfect world, what I'd like to do is send over the first 5 pages of the script too you and see how you get on with them and then take it from there. If your happy with the amount of cash and I'm happy with the quality of the drawings, I see no reason why this couldn't be a continuous project.

But yeah, lemme know what ya think.

At it again