Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon training help.

Ya, that's the deal, damage vs survival.

I guess I'm going for attack no mater what, but should I complement it be training his Speed, Defense, HP or Sp. Defense? (well he is going to get a good defense no mater what).

hmmm it seems like he gets a speed boost as well considering he likes to run, and he gets a speed boost. I guess it's really up to what you feel like doing. I guess the best thing is to also focus on sp defense and defense, since good attack+ good defense is like the best for a fighting type.

Ya, but what is more important, Defense or HP? Because it would suck to train the Sp. Defense just to see that it does the same effect as just increasing the HP (which it will work for both defense and sp. defense). Also I feel like Sp. Defense is the most important, because of psychic pokemons.

Honestly both are important. If you have more HP, then you can take more hits. SP defense and defense are more specific, like SP defense lowers the opponents SP attack and defense lowers the opponents normal attack. I think it'd be good just to maintain all three, and keep defense and sp defense about the same.

You are too conservative on your pokemon training.

We should have a battle over wi fi sometime once you get your pokemon up to higher levels

I use a emulator. I don't have the money for a DS and pokemon black & white. Also I really like this pokemon game (its really fund to play, thing that doesn't happen with the others) but the pokemon design is really awful, like there is no pokemon I feel attached to it.

Is not like in the first gen you had Arcanine, Ninetails, Cloister, Muk or Gengar. And on the second gen, you had Feraligatr, Espeon, Umbreon, Slowking and Scizor. Or on the third gen with Blaziken, Shiftry, Gardevoir, Breloom, Slaking or Agroon.

At least the previews gen had cooler looking pokemons =/. But its a really fun game to play.

Ah ok then :/ and yeah the pokemon designs were pretty poor, personally I do think Hydreigon is pretty awesome and Servine is ok I guess but thats about it. I suppose once you complete it though you will have access to all the old gen pokemon as well

Plus the storyline I think is pretty good, not as nefarious as the previous games but more intriguing I think :P

Its cool that the bad guy are pokemon activist who basically want to free pokemon using the force, but they end just doing pokemon battles anyway. Its just hilarious.

Anyway, I'm going to train my first Sawk, as he look pretty good. Probably going to focus on Attack, Special Defense (more focused on this) and Speed. As the main enemy of fight types are psychic moves and flying, and both are really more focused on sp. Attack. and he is already going to get a natural boost to Defense.

Also I'm going to train a Sewaddle, who is proud of her power (which increase attack), and has a Hasty nature, which increase Speed and Lower Defense. The ones that deal most damage against her are Fire (x4), Flying (x4), Ice (x2), Poison (x2), Bug (x2), Rock (x2). At least 4 of them are more focused on Sp. Attack, so Sp. Defense would come in hand, but she has so many disadvantages and she already have a good speed and attack boost, I guess it best to focus her on a glass canon(?). I don't know for sure the path for this one, it has to many weaknesses, its strong on attack (when grass moves are more into sp. attack) and so on. Probably if I use her more as a bug type and less as a grass type, might work.

I know right, team plasma are such hypocrites :P

And that plan is looking good the Sewaddle's end evolution is really goodl and stunningly fast so it will be useful in your team.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but whenever I start a new profile I try to balance my team with as many elements as possible. You could use Serebii.net and look through the online pokedex and do the same, just makes battles much easier plus you can be all strategic about the pokemon you employ and their moves/stats etc. Sometimes I try to stick to one element only, but that's more for a challenge :P