Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips/ trics for my way of drawing?

Tips/ trics for my way of drawing?

Here are a few of my drawings.. I draw in a sketchy kind of way. All ideas, tips, trics are welcome so i can improve!!

Last edited by Ordodos; 08-14-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You have to upload it online via a service like photobucket. Then you get the url of your image and then link as you did above.

Btw, please don't double post the same thread in two different sections of the forum. I've left your thread here since you're asking for comments and this one is more appropriate for that kind of request.

Sry for the extra post.. I wont do it again. Hopefully my drawing can now be seen.
    Last edited by Ordodos; 08-14-2012 at 03:05 AM.

You need to use the direct image URL for image tags to work. So right click on the image and select "copy image url"

which in this case is this -> http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...s/b60c790d.jpg

Thx a lot.. I got it working now

That sketch is looking good and that is one awesome hood design the one thing I see is that the hand looks a bit akward, almost disjointed... I'm not sure why that is yet.

EDIT: Also you have the fingers joining close to the area where the thumb is, make sure to leave a gap between where the thumb and hand meet and where the fingers and the hand meet, here is an image to show you what I mean;

I look forward to seeing more
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.

I agree with Demon. It looks like he's wearing a glove with no hand inside. Also, the hood seems a little too high. Unless he has super poofy, afro-like hair, the hood should be further down to the forehead. Last thing, does he have another arm? I can't really tell. If he does, I think you should show more of it so that the picture looks more balanced. If he only has one arm, ignore the previous sentence.

I hope this helped!

I think you would benefit from using longer lines. Short jagged lines are not very pleasant to look at, it's good to try to imply details without actually drawing them. I think the hood looks cool with all those signs on the rim though =)

Thx a lot for the tips and picture.. I am stilling having troubles drawing the hands. (other hand is behind the back :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Ordodos View Post
    Thx a lot for the tips and picture.. I am stilling having troubles drawing the hands. (other hand is behind the back :P).
    Well for the hand behind the back thing, I would consider striking the poses yourself in a mirror or taking a picture or something so you can visualise the pose and deuce whether its natural or not. The pose in my opinion looks quite akward without the presence of the other arm I would have expected to see even the edge beside the characters side.