View Poll Results: What is your favorite Final Fantasy Game?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I

0 0%
  • II

0 0%
  • III

0 0%
  • IV

0 0%
  • V

0 0%
  • VI

2 28.57%
  • VII

2 28.57%
  • VIII

1 14.29%
  • IX

0 0%
  • X

1 14.29%
  • X-2

0 0%
  • XI

0 0%
  • XII

0 0%
  • XIII

0 0%
  • XIII-2

1 14.29%
  • XIV

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread~

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Because the game is linear that 'linear' barely begins to describe it? Because even brainwashed FF fangirls and fanboys panned it? Because the entire 'gameplay' consists of little more than holding forward on the thumbstick and hitting a button now and then? Because the game's plot is boring and uninteresting and tries to pander to both Western and Eastern audiences at the same time and in doing so creates something that appeals to neither?

Final Fantasy still has amazing presentation these days, but they have nothing to present anymore. It's all sound and fury signifying nothing. To quote a fellow Goon:
    "Sakaguchi and SquareSoft's Final Fantasy is gone, and it's never coming back. Square Enix's Final Fantasy is factory-assembled, market-tested, megabudget tripe; and because of the brand name's near-universal recognition, the massive budgets at Square Enix's disposal, and the ease with which its presentation can knock putty-mided critics and fanboys into fawning trances, it's just going to keep pumping out its mediocre products until the end of civilization as we know it, warping the landscape of pop culture and breeding smug, obsessive devotees convinced that their playing Final Fantasy games is a badge of intellectual and cultural superiorty.
    Don't buy any more Final Fantasy games. Please. It will just encourage Square Enix to keep making more of them. It may be far too late for the series to die with dignity, but it neverthless deserves to die."
    Last edited by Kodos; 08-13-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    That was 10. It had some very very good aspects but a lot of bad ones. It's not the worst in the series (that's 13) but it is my most hated, since it has the most unrealized potential.

6 is hands down my favorite. Also I think the best soundtrack of the series, too. Dancing Mad > One Winged Angel.
    Oic thanks

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Because the game is linear that 'linear' barely begins to describe it? Because even brainwashed FF fangirls and fanboys panned it? Because the entire 'gameplay' consists of little more than holding forward on the thumbstick and hitting a button now and then? Because the game's plot is boring and uninteresting and tries to pander to both Western and Eastern audiences at the same time and in doing so creates something that appeals to neither?
    That makes sense. Of course, there has to be some sort of appeal to it that they made XIII-2 and a whole bunch of collectors editions. Again, remakes of a already, half-bad game. Which if there are so many people disliking the game, I don't understand.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

No half-bad game. Fucking awful game. I bought XIII and it was the most fucking awful anal rape I ever had by a company.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Angels View Post
    That makes sense. Of course, there has to be some sort of appeal to it that they made XIII-2 and a whole bunch of collectors editions. Again, remakes of a already, half-bad game. Which if there are so many people disliking the game, I don't understand.
    Because Final Fantasy is like Sonic the Hedgehog, only replace furries with weaboos. There is a sizable population of diehard fans and weaboos who will buy anything with "Final Fantasy" on the cover, no matter how terrible.

Furthermore, FF13 is part of a massive clusterfuck of a project that Squenix intended to last for a decade - and given the insane development time of FF13-Versus (or, as I like to call it, The Japanese Duke Nukem Forever) it has.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

It hasn't been seriously that long for ff13-versus. Im just putting my hopes on it, it seems like it has the potential to restore final fantasy's place in my heart. and also, ff13 got a bit better after 5 or 6 hours of playing, the story started moving and whatnot, but it was still the worst out of them all. the worst after that for me is probably 9.

also i still haven't lost hope in 14, they are making a completely renewed version of it now...

Honestly I always had a whole bunch of fun with that series, found FF starting getting kinda bad after Sakagushi left, FFX-2 was okay, but by Squaresoft standards it was a total change, FFXII was good, but a tad different, which is okay, but damn was it a long game. Too long for me xD And I beated the final boss with the remote on the floor. Cauz my gambits did all the job T__T. FFXIII SUCKED until the very last hours of the game. Its not normal to start enjoying a game after 40 hours of gameplay. D: I have a lil bit of hope for XIII-2 but...Well, gotta finish XIII first, which kind of makes things hard. Overall: FF 1-3: Cool old school games, III is pretty cool. 4-6: Absolute classics, defines JRPG at its finest. FFVII and VIII Nomura appearence in the FF universe, modernised view of Final Fantasy, my two favorites for the great mix of innovation, storytelling and mix with the classic JRPG elements. FFIX: Tries to get closer to the old school Final Fantasies, pretty fun game. FFX: First voice acting and High resolution cinematics with real time graphics. Games start to get closer and closer to movies from that moment. Great story and fun gameplay(Active time battle fans will find a bit deceiving, however, I found it fun and strategic, I would've liked FFXIII million times more if it would've been like this and more of a free world lol. Main character is kind of annoying but thats okay to me. Its my first FF and im really happy with that discover ^^ Didnt play XI, but it looks sorta cool xD As I said I like FFX-2 but it felt different

More:

FF Dimension: kinda shitty, but cute and interesting, its basicly a some kind of indie version thats inspired by the old games on snes, but yeah, its not really inndie since Squenix is so damn big now >->

PSP REMAKES OF I AND II:

Pretty cool, however The graphics feel too synthethic to me, its hard to explain, but hey I recommend those, but maybe youd rather play the gameboy version: Dawn of soul, or the wonderswan versions. Or most likely, Final fantasy origin on Playstation

FFIII Ds: Great adaptation of a great Famicom Game, however I dunno, I liked the fact that everyone looked the same in the nes version, but its normal that they changed to different characters, even if theyre named the same. Lolol,

FF IV the after years: Not played much but its pretty cool up to date, It also comes with the full remake of IV if yyou have the complete version on PSP

FF Tactics: Awesome game I'm just not good at. XD I suck at tactics lol

FFVII Advent Children: Great movie

ps2 FFVII Dirge of cerberus: new approach to FFVII with a third person shooter, pretty cool if you like that kinnd of game and FFVII

psp Dissidia Final Fantasy( plus duodecim): An arena 3D fighting game with FF characters. Its pretty fun and unique, I recommend it to any PSP owner, even if you're not a Final Fantasy fan, its really challenging and fun

Crisis Core/Last Order: Prequel to FFVII; Great action rpg featuring Zack the soldier

Game cube Christal chronicles: Its final fantasy for younger audience, Its fun, but its not for everyone. Many might find it boring, I like it xD

Mystic Quest: A some sorta fake FF. Its fun but its pretty average compared to the other FF on SNES. In japan they call it FF USA lol. XD

Thats about what I can say about FF in general, I know theres other titles but imma just gonna talk about the ones I know well nuff'.

I'm waitin' for Versus XIII. And seriously, squenix, whats with that FFXIII-3 lighting returns? Why are you so obcessed with lighting? D8

But hey, it gonna be a total different game with Action rpg gameplay . Lawl id like a new GOOD FFXV with freedom, great story, old school active time battle or a new fresh one that doesnt suck or even turn based thats like the good old ones. Cauz right now, my biggest hopes are for action rpgs lol xD