Page 156 of 261 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2601

Thread: How your day went

i also got sent home early today haha, feelin good

Well, shit. It looks like i'm in quitte some financial trouble right now.
    Just before the summer holiday i graduated from my previous education, so naturally i sign up for another one.
    The teacher who usually does the intakes ensured me that everything would be allright and he'd be in touch.
    Leaving me under the impression that i had nothing to worry about.
    however, I just found out that there is a whole lot to worry about.
    for one, my scholarship has been canceled and i now have an enormous debt (about €3300) AND a fine for "miss using" my student bus pass.
    As it turns out, my student application has probably been tossed on a goddamn pile and eventually made it's way into the trash.
    which wouldn't suprise me in the least, seen as i haven't received any confirmation from school whatsoever besides a confirmation e-mail you usaully get.

In other words, I am up to my shoulders in shit. especially since i have only like €225 to my name and usually spend around €600 on rent, electricity, heat and water.
    Now, if i still had a scholarship this wouldn't be a problem. Sadly this is not the case.
    I am totally shitting bricks right now. hell, if shit gets worse i might as well end myself.

Did you get any kind of notification that your scholarship was canceled? If you weren't told about it, you can probably fight it. Also how did you misuse your bus pass?

I got an e-mail 2-3 days from the ministry of education saying i go a message on my account of their website.
    However, i couldn't access it at the time i got it.

And the bus pass? apparently i was supposed to turn it in at the town hall or something.
    I had no damn idea, seen as i still got money for august on my bank account.
    So i figured everything had been taken care of and i'd still get my scholarship money.

Well definitely don't just let these things go, if you fight it I'm sure you can right a lot of this stuff

How long do you have to pay off the debt?

I'll probably get a follow-up on that. not sure though.
    I have been told that you usually pay off the debt after you get an actual job, or something.

Oh, and they want me to pay the "miss use" of the bus pass ASAP, which is around €194.
    greedy bastards.

Well I hate to say it but you'll probably have to give up on school for a year or two. Do you have a proper job?

With this economy? Heh, good one Jubeh.
    But, no. I don't have a job. doesn't matter how many letters i send. pretty sure it has something to do with my age.

On a lighter note, i did get invited to an intake for my new education.

It went relatively well (better than i expected, at least).
    though they did advise me on taking the adult course instead of the regular.
    The good thing about the adult course is that it's usually shorter than the regular one, i get more certificates, thus more chance of landing myself a job on the job market and i won't have to deal with sitting in a class of 15 to 17 year olds. on of the downsides is that it's a lot more pricey and i'll have to get a laptop, also it's a LOT harder. but at least i still have this week to decide what i want to do.

Also, they recommended to get myself tested by a psychologist, seen as my thought process is a bit... slow.
    Meaning if i get tested positive, i'll get a bit more government funding, which in turn means more financial breathing room.
    Last edited by Hell_Baron; 08-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Got an interview set up tomorrow for a paid internship I was offered to work on graphic design/ concepting for the campus. 15-20 hours a week, min. wage, awesome opportunity and experience.

Wishing myself luck.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."