Page 127 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2658

Thread: How your day went

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    I'm totally exhausted, but that's nothing a cola flavoured popsicle can't fix.
    what about hypothermia

edit: Oh I thought you said "there's" nothing but Im not going to change it because that joke may come in handy later

hypothermia?
    dude it's like 21 degrees Celsius here!

what is a celsius

is that a car

ya and what a car

It's a metric thing, you wouldn't understand.

I found out today I'll be living in Alaska for three months today. Shit was so cash.

Got out of my intern job and drove to my real one, only to find that my employer had found another guy more qualified for my job.

Looking around for jobs after that, I realized that the things I really like to do--write, read, critique, and edit stories of all kinds--are primarily dominated by unpaid positions. My passion doesn't turn a profit, and that sucks a lot. For the better part of ten years I've devoted my life to improving my writing ability. Unless I can get published, the only thing I'm truly good at won't make me enough money to stay alive if I lived on my own. I can blame society worshipping sports and celebrities while ignoring writers and poets all I want, but that won't help me.

Depressing, but "I'll be stuck with retail or food jobs if I don't get published" is one heck of a scary motivator.

Maybe I'll do art commissions again. I'm about at the same level as some successful low-skill, but well-marketed artists

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    It's a metric thing, you wouldn't understand.
    Metric is one of my favorite bands man

Someone cranked up the difficulty and cut down the party size at work today. Fell 28 times, then decided "screw skates."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Really sick of this no one wants to teach me to drive shit. My goal date is coming up soon and I'm so not ready to take a drivers test. Signed up for driving school and the lesson is Tuesday for 1.5hrs and $75.00 per session. I need to call Monday to make sure where I can meet the dude and make sure he has a car big enough for me to drive comfortably in.
    One lesson every three months is apparently what my family thinks is fine for teaching one to drive. I am just not used to a car fully yet so hoping this lesson with a good teacher will be adequate and maybe inspire my fuck up of a family to help me.
    Also found out that I may be moving out soon hopefully.