Page 59 of 260 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    O.o Stretching ears..... it always LOOKS cool, but imagining doing it to myself makes me cringe.

I'm about to enter finals week guys. I'm really stressed. It isn't going to be nearly as bad as it was at the end of last year (3 7-10 pg papers, 1 small 3 page paper, and 1 actual final), but it will still be miserable. I dont cope well with stress. Also I have this weird desire to call people "hun" or say things like "hello love," "sweetie" and "my dear/ma deah." It's really weirding me out and it needs to stop!! I do not approve. o-o
    People calling me Hun sweetie or sugar has allways bothered me but more so if the person is younger than me. I had a manager that told a girl we worked with off because the manager looked young but was actually in her 40's and this chick would call her sweetie and all that and the manager was like "it can be considered sexual harassment and it is undermining my authority as your boss so I need it to stop now." I agreed.

I calmed down dudes. Then some one told me they heard I was getting fired. I freaked out because I haven't had any disciplinary against me and I was like I'm very PC at work minus some teasing of the female coworkers but that's in a brotherly kind of way.
    So I asked the bosses and they were like "WHAAAaaaaat? That's the furthest thing from the truth. Blah blah blah." So now I feel like an awkward turtle combined with a paranoid parrot.

Women calling everyone hun or sweetie is p normal in the south

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    I think if everyone started calling me sweetie, or even hun, someone would end up dead.

Edit: Also lately I've been having a lot of trouble at work with empathetic accents. I sometimes have to actually put effort into not mimicking customers' speech.
    Last edited by indescribable; 12-05-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    I stretched my ear up a size and it hurts even though i waited like 4 months and didnt skip wy r body modifications so complicated
    It never should actually hurt. If so, then you're going too fast. The most you should feel is some slight irritation/tightness.

Considering going to 8g to wear some rose gold Tawapa eyelets. They would distribute the weight of the massive rose gold earrings (below) a whole lot better than cheese-cutty 18g. I would use the single-flare, double-flare, size-up method to stretch after dead stretching to 14.

SPOILER! :

The criminals in question regarding the health of my ears:

My day was pretty good. Stressful, though. Laundry's spinning in the wash right now, and I have to do some calculus homework before my exam tomorrow. Also ran around like a headless chicken earlier today to compile a group presentation of Sikhism. >____>" On the bright side, I finished forming a silver ring for my partner. I'll etch the band this weekend.

SPOILER! :

Ouch.
    I haven't even worn studs since I got a reaction to one of my earrings. My ear would be on the floor if I wore that. D:

They're double-plated in 18k rose gold, which makes them a bit heavy, too. D:

The reaction from your earrings was probably from poor-quality metal. Typically 18+ karat gold and silver will not cause any kind of irritation. If you want cheaper alternatives that are even more hypoallergenic, implant-grade steel and implant-grade titanium are options. Even still, rare cases of titanium allergies exist, for which people wear niobium, a fairly non-reactive metal.

Yeah, I just never really had the money to spend on new earrings and then once I had money it didn't feel like a priority. :P

Surprisingly my piercings haven't actually fully closed yet, and I haven't worn earrings in like... 8 years... that's weird, isn't it?

I just started wearing earrings again about two years ago in the tail end of high school, and my lobes hadn't closed up one bit. I tend to only wear statement earrings, though. Among my favorites are zooplankton-modeled laser-cut steel dangles, various ornate wood spirals, and octopus tentacle casts. I just finished a pair of earrings recently, though, so I'm also partial to those lately. O:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    SPOILER! :

How on earth can you wear them without ripping the ear tissue O_o

Hmm, im curious as to why certain metals produce allergic reactions and others don't...fascinating
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 12-05-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Basically it's copper/nickel content, which creates oxidizarion, which in turn can irritate (or in some cases, rot) the skin.

I can wear those hoops because I don't wear heavy earrings full-time—just for "special days." And even then, I only wear them for the few hours I'm outside the house.