Page 54 of 256 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    My day was good. I finished smithing a pair of silver earrings, and I didn't bomb my speech for English.

I got a call from the Internet people, and they said we're getting good Internet next week. No caps, high stability. So I can finally do real Internet things, like Groupboard and online games.

But then I got a pretty bad cold and I have to stay home from school on a day where we have, like three tests. Making them up is not going to be fun.

My day started exited and entertained.

Reason why:
    http://techland.time.com/2012/09/19/...ht-warp-drive/

Oh, I saw that. That looks amazing. I hope it works.

Sounds cool! Science is so awesome.

Today is quiet and just generally uninteresting. But it is peaceful. (:

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    -Wake up at 6:30a
    -Snooze both alarms until 7a
    -Get myself ready to go at 7:30a
    -I don't get out until 7:40a

-Plan is to test my time management skills and know-how of a process to make it to the art store and pick up my materials, head to the school to get my project printed, then head home and mount it on the board, then head back to class in time.
    -Not really that set up, but it sounded good.

-I get to the art store at around 8:35a.
    -It opens at 8:30a.
    -I ask for a 15x20 piece of white foam-core mounting board.
    -The guy says there's only two left, so he'll give me the last one for free. Sweet.

-I leave, skating on my trick board all the way because the wheels are closer to the ground, and it uses better bearings, therefore I can move faster and accelerate easier.
    -I get on the second free mallride on the 16th Street Mall, missing the first. No biggie.
    -I get off at my stop, cross the street, and get on the 2nd lightrail heading to Auroria Campus, missing the first. No biggie.

-I make my way to the school library to get my project printed out. Then I head home.

-I get home and set up my materials to mount at exactly 9a.
    -Class starts at 9:30a. I have 30 minutes to cut the white border off my project with no ruler, using an xacto knife, apply liquid cement to both the paper and the mounting board, and let it dry, mount the project, then cut the foam board borders around my project off. Once again with no ruler, because I lost it.

-It's now 9:25a, and I haven't cut off the bottom border around my project, demanding accuracy. But I can't accept being late. I'm never late to -anything-. Time management is my schtick, and I haven't been late since highschool.
    -I muster up all the strength and precision I have and manage to get the border cut off in less than a minute. Everything's mounted and good to go, and it looks good to boot.
    -It's now 9:26a. I'm accepting defeat, but it's okay.

-It's not okay! I'm never late, fuck this.

-I grab all my stuff I know I need. Zip my hoodie up, grab my iPod I was using to manage my time real-time, put on my favorite playlist when I need to move fucking fast; Job for A Cowboy. Pick up my project, grab my board, and head out.
    -I have less than four minutes to get to class on time.
    -It usually takes 10 minutes to get there.

-I'm halfway there.
    -9:28. Two minutes.

-I walk through the door, my finished project in hand, nothing forgotten or missing, and ready to go.
    -9:30.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    ^nice.

I was late to work.
    I think I got outed.
    My FM and that dude I can't stand came up and asked me how it was going on my side and I respond "it's going ok. Just have to move a bunch of stuff around to get everything out."
    My FM responds "Oh that's gay"
    They both start chuckling like they have a secret. Then some one came up an changes the subject before I could ask him anything. This FM is very into joking and making remarks to people about what he knows about them. Like this chick at work is so far up on the guy I don't likes nuts and he was like oh we should call her "mrs.whatshisne"(not naming names) and they were in her car the other day talking for like three hours after they got off work and he was like "I wonder what they were talking about hmm? Hmm? Hahaha heheheh."
    Yet ironically he is graduating this year with a degree in human resource management.

The guy I hate would know I'm gay because I know he overheard a convo I had with my last FM about what type of guy I was into and he was standing outside the office without us knowing it.
    Now I'm like do I say something? Am I overreacting? Am I reading to far into them acting like idiots? I can't bring it up to anyone because that's outing myself and I really don't know what anyone's views on lgbtq topics and issues are at work and I have a pretty good relationship with my boss and she could be a huge help in me getting a promotion.

i had a long day at work but i finished watching freaks and geeks when i got home so it was aight.

Psy: No, there's no such thing as bein too paranoid when a safe(r) space is being threatened. That jerk should just leave. He doesn't sound professional or even very likable.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Thank you seef.
    I have him on FB and I got to wondering so I glance through his about me stuff and my heart stopped. I am so screwed. "Books: The Bible. High school: Christian high school. likes: Jesus my lord, Jesus Daily. Religious views: Christian. Political views: Mitt Romney." ('-') (o-o) (0-0) (@A@)!!!
    He likes a few things that are not very conservative like very explicit rap and the Harry potter movies and some questionable movies I guess you could say? Like Ted and bad teacher which IMO most conservatives would be highly offended by.
    I know not all Christians are condemning of LGBTQ people but still this poses a very real threat in my eyes.