Page 26 of 260 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking how much time you had for the test itself. But what you're saying is that you (as a class) began studying this material a little more than a week before this test? What were your daily study habits like?
    Last edited by indescribable; 10-25-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Ahh, well, I write notes, go over those a bit, I don't have the book, so I go through the material provided by the instructor for a bit. Thing is, you don't know exactly what will be on the quiz, of course, until she posts the study guide over the weekend, which I then go over and make flashcards for. From there I just look at the works, and try to remember all the info.
    Unfortunately for me, when the quizzes start, I can barely remember anything. Memorization isn't a strong point of mine. I've had this happen with a bunch of other tests/quizzes that weren't open-note.

I honestly can't afford to screw up. Maybe others can, I can't. Maybe others can't too, I still can't.
    I don't need anyone's judging, which is what I'm trying to say to Clock, lol.
    Last edited by GunZet; 10-25-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Perhaps you should try a new technique for memorization? Did Flash Cards work back in HS?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Its weird how you conciser cheating the most efficient way to solve this problem, and even more how you state this was for you. You are assuming that cheating actually helps you, when it doesn't it actually hurts you more than what you think because all those quiz are for you to learn a limited amount of information for each quiz; yes, you still need to know a lot but its nothing compared with everything you need to know at the end of the year, or in your life. Also that you prefer to pass a class through cheating and not as any other person does.

You know what I have learned in life about moral flexibility, is that ones you bend it, you always bend it. I'm not saying you should be a moral stone, but to have the correct morals and ethics, specially in your own education. Even if you say its worst failing the class, which is ridiculous, as you tests are a way to see if you are learning, if you have problems you can always speak with the teachers, ask for tips or other stuffs, there are many ways to solve this problem that avoid cheating, but you consider failing a class worst than cheating, which I don't. Even more I have failed classes because I haven't learned (I did a entire year again of a class because the year I took it the teacher was pregnant and we lost 6 months of classes, and then we have 4 back to do some kinda shitty classes with ridicolous tests). This is because, the class is not what mater, is how you go through it.

Man, flashcards is just about ALL that will help me even moderately remember stuff. I've been turning to them for every closed-book/note quiz for a while now, and they usually work. But the thing about art history classes is the quantity of stuff you have to remember. If you've got good memory, you're in luck. But if you have a fallout point, where you'll start forgetting things, the more you try to remember... bad juju.

@Clock: I get what you're saying, now get what I'm saying, which is give it a rest. Not everyone is the same, not everyone finds that perfect solution to a problem, and not everyone has the time to. You're basically saying I lack common sense such as ethics and morals, BZzT, wrong. Maybe it's time for you to learn that judging everyone for their choices in life or a given situation isn't the right way to go, maybe THAT'S morally wrong. Like what you're doing with Bacon.
    Last edited by GunZet; 10-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Cheating though

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    You're basically saying I lack common sense such as ethics and morals, BZzT, wrong.
    I haven't said that, but rather that you disappoint me. You did something that was wrong, and even more you didn't have any moral struggle about it. That's what I find sad, that you, a normal individual, who I guess have a good education, a stable life, argue that he did the right thing at cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Maybe it's time for you to learn that judging everyone for their choices in life or a given situation isn't the right way to go, maybe THAT'S morally wrong. Like what you're doing with Bacon.
    But again Bacon, not against myself or my education. And that's what concerns me, that you do it to yourself with the belief it was the right thing to do.

Cheating man

You kidding? I don't believe it was the right thing to do, I never did, not even when I did it. It was totally not the right thing to do, but here's the twist. I just so happen to be human and make bad choices the same as everyone else. I'm no saint, and my morals don't bind me so tight that they control outside thoughts and actions.

I went through the whole quiz with my own knowledge, using what I could muster up. After realizing what I had at first would yield unwanted results, and ultimately failing it, I did think twice about the choice I made. I have a good education, yes, I don't have a stable life.
    <My comic

Did you get somebody else to write that post for you chester cheato