Page 25 of 233 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Wow, that was some white kid comment you did there. Yes there is a lot more in life than just your social life.
    I guess there's school and shit, but really friends and family are the most important thing to me as they're what make me happy. Money, skills ... They don't really matter. I'm sorry you've lead such a life that you can't realize that.

So your life only revolves around your white-people-problems with your friends?
    I have yet to post an actual problem in this thread. Yeah, there was that thing last weekend, but as I admitted, looking back on it, that was just me being really angry at the time. As I am prone to do. Humans being emotional beings and all.

Not as boring as your social life.
    I never asked for your cynical opinion. There is an English saying, and I'm sure a Spanish equivalent, that says "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Learn it.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 10-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Just got done with my second art history quiz.
    You have to come prepared knowing the artist, name of the piece, appox. date it was made, and location, sometimes medium, and also their meaning/what they're about.

I fucked up bigtime on my first quiz, scoring a 54/100, or 45%
    My messed up memory meant all that studying immediately went to waste once I hit the door. Even when I whipped out and studied my flashcards hardcore 15mins before it started, once the screen lit up and the lights went off- POOF- what the fuck was that again?

The same thing happened this go around, and I tried to come more prepared, as I made more flashcards and then made a recording on my iPod of me going over the flashcards. I listened to this recording over and over as I skated to class, attempting to drill stuff into my head.

Test starts, and my brain gives me a quick "fuck you" then shuts. Down. Everything.
    I remembered less than half of the material, and had an even harder time with the part where you have to do compare and contrast essays/explain what the pieces are about over 15mins.

I noticed that the teacher couldn't really see me where I was. I was cold, so I didn't bother taking the hood of my hoodie off before I walked in: I had it on all class, and never took my headphones out. I didn't notice this until I went to scratch my ear. I noticed some students had their phones out on the tables, not using them, duh, but they were out, and she wasn't paying much attention.

Being so frustrated, I quickly took out my iPod, found the recording I luckily had made earlier, and turned it on, effectively cheating. Do I think I'll still pass with a good grade? Fuck no, but I needed all the points I could get.

I have no regrets.
    The End.

Edit: Fuck art history!
    Is your art history teacher old? I'm asking this because this kind of praxis are mostly done by old teachers, while the younger ones find it ridiculous to do.

Also, you lost all my respect man.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Is your art history teacher old? I'm asking this because this kind of praxis are mostly done by old teachers, while the younger ones find it ridiculous to do.

Also, you lost all my respect man.
    I dunno how old she is, she's like middle-aged, really hyper and enthusiastic.

Also, zero fucks were given. I gave them all to that quiz.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

At least you could have some moral struggle. But again, no respect for you anymore.

I don't think you read the bottom when I said "I have no regrets."
    Y'know what went through my head as I realized my brain had refused me access to all I had studied for, most likely due to anxiety issues, depression, and constant stress? That I didn't want to screw up as bad as I did on that last quiz, causing me MORE anxiety, depression, and stress.
    The moral of struggle whether to cheat or not went out the window at that point.

Worrying about what people think about me, and the amount of respect lost through act of desperation and frustration is is non-existent.

Clear the air enough?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I still like you, m'Lord.

I don't think you read the bottom when I said "I have no regrets."
    Y'know what went through my head as I realized my brain had refused me access to all I had studied for, most likely due to anxiety issues, depression, and constant stress? That I didn't want to screw up as bad as I did on that last quiz, causing me MORE anxiety, depression, and stress.
    The moral of struggle whether to cheat or not went out the window at that point.

Worrying about what people think about me, and the amount of respect lost through act of desperation and frustration is is non-existent.

Clear the air enough?
    We all deal with those stuffs, you are not the only one who struggles in classes, tests or quizzes. Or even the emotional depression provoked by the educational life, the social life, and life in general. Still, some people don't break on cheating. How do you know other people in that class room have it as bad as you, or worst, and they didn't cheat. How do you know out there is something struggling harder and they don't cheat it either.

Yes, if you are Machiavelli its right, you did what you had to do, but you also did what was morally wrong.

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    My messed up memory meant all that studying immediately went to waste once I hit the door. Even when I whipped out and studied my flashcards hardcore 15mins before it started, once the screen lit up and the lights went off- POOF- what the fuck was that again?
    How much studying did you do beforehand, and how much time were you given to study for this test?

How do you know GunZ doesn't have it the worst? Leave the lad alone.

What I did was for me. It wasn't about anybody else, nobody else came to my mind.
    This was an internal problem, and I solved it the most efficient way I could. Cheating is not killing, I didn't fill my car with extra NOS and twin turbo intakes so that I could beat out the dad of a kid with cancer in a race so that I could take the prize money for myself when he was going to use it for his child's treatments.

Morals are flexible, and vary with the individual and situation.
    Now while you may be right that cheating is wrong. What would be even worse would be failing the class, having to retake it in the next semester, effectively cheating my mother, whom helped me get into the school I'm in, helps me with my financial aid, gives me a roof and food, and supports me.

I'd rather cheat the test and make it through than cheat my mother's efforts. And I did talk to her about what I did.
    You do what you have to do. I don't feel morally conflicted. So why are you trying to make me feel so?

I don't get you sometimes, Clock.

@Tay: Well we had transferred right from the renaissance to the baroque period, and went over a bunch of stuff over the course of about a week and a half. We were given a minute to identify the artist, title, date, and location for 10 pieces. We were then given 6 minutes to write a paragraph or two on what a piece is about, including artist, title, date, and location.
    Then there were two compare and contrast questions, which we also had to identify first. Then came vocabulary questions, about 8 of those. And an extra question, which I think I aced.
    Last edited by GunZet; 10-25-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    <My comic