Page 16 of 256 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    don't you need a bunch of training and stuff for that first?
    well they would train me if they hired me

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    I got called for an interview on friday for a position at a bank and I don't know what to weaaaar. I need a suit or something jesus
    Business casual!
    Long sleeved collared shirt preferably in a blue but not a dark blue.
    Tie is a must.
    Slacks/dressy pants.
    Nice shoes. Like what you'd see someone at a wedding wear. No tennies vans or anything of that nature.

When they ask you to tell them about yourself don't say your age relationship status or anything that will bias you to the job. Talk more about your work exp and what makes you a good fit for the position.

Banks are really close to being retail stores. They want to know that you can and will sell products and services all the time so if you have selling exp mention it. Highlight your customer service skills when you can.

If its a well known bank you can look up the pay, interview questions, hiring process, and job review at Glassdoor.com

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Business casual!
    Tie is a must.
    Slacks/dressy pants.
    Nice shoes. Like what you'd see someone at a wedding wear. No tennies vans or anything of that nature.

When they ask you to tell them about yourself don't say your age relationship status or anything that will bias you to the job. Talk more about your work exp and what makes you a good fit for the position.

Banks are really close to being retail stores. They want to know that you can and will sell products and services all the time so if you have selling exp mention it. Highlight your customer service skills when you can.

If its a well known bank you can look up the pay, interview questions, hiring process, and job review at Glassdoor.com
    ok thanks for the info psy u r a lifesaver

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Business casual!
    Tie is a must.
    Slacks/dressy pants.
    When I got hired I was told to wear business casual. Turns out jeans and a (nice) T-shirt qualifies as business casual in this store.*shakes head* Edit: I guess this is why my city is considered one of the worst dressed cities in the world.

I almost never go outside once I'm home from college, but I did earlier today, and it made me remember why I generally don't go outside. I started playing soccer with my dog before remembering that both of my ankles and wrists have tendon and ligament problems--essentially, I'm crippled.

And then I tripped over my dog and very nearly broke two fingers. They cracked and I still can't move them too well, but at least they didn't break.

Also, I got critiques on my stories. So, overall, an excellent day (not being sarcastic, actually).

Started a diet today. Already really hard because mom brought home chinese food. I just picked out the meat and veggies and avoided the noodles.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    So you basically ate no Chinese food.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Yeah

I need 2 start eating healthier too but I went out and got chinese food anyway