Page 6 of 289 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: How your day went

Dad came home drunk again, after being hungover this morning. God damn it.
    An annoying ingrateful house guest finally got his ass kicked out a few days ago though so that's kind of nice.
    Kids brought back a couple of kittens a couple days ago they've taken a liking to me and the kids are starting to get a grip on how to actually treat them so that's good.

What a long day. School and work are catching up to me I'm so exhausted.

But I won't give up so easily.

I was still feeling pretty down today and it really affected my sales. My counterpart made about $5k and I only made $1k. Thats a p big a difference. I have great coworkers tho they knew something was up and talked to me and stuff but its hard to talk about when you dont really know what's wrong. Also this Camerawalls album is really picking me up when I listen to it I can't help but smile.

I'm still feeling lame but I'm ready for 2morrow.

this was my day
    my day
    this was it

album reviews are completely subjective i dont see why you're so upset over this.

dude, this is a quote from the actual review:

Centipede Hz, by comparison, feels like someone throwing a burrito on your windshield: The songs hit with a jolt, instantly splaying all their ingredients before you.
    and all this "clatter" stuart berman is talking about is a reason why you need to listen to this album MULTIPLE TIMES. There are layers in each song that actually make sense if you're not a total dope. Like this is why I hate music review sites like pitchfork. Every reviewer is given a ton of albums they need to review, so they can't actually spend a good amount of time on one album, actually focusing on it and coming up with a good opinion. He even posted on /mu/ saying one of the reviewers that wanted to review cHZ couldnt, because she already had 8 albums she needed to write reviews for. srsly? It just bothers me, especially since new listeners to the album may get the wrong idea. ugh

Where to start... this day has both been good and bad.

Woke up late (bad)
    Went on the computer to check updates and found out that Michael Clarke Duncan is dead (Bad)
    Went to the subway, called a friend and then got to the subway train just in time before it left (good).
    Had to call my friend several times as the subway blocked the signals, but ended up calling her at the station when I went out instead. (meh)
    Then I went into gamestop and pre-ordered Tekken Tag Tournament 2 collectors edition. First time I'll play a tekken game on xbox... hope it's not too much of a downgrade as I'm used to playstation. (good)
    Then I went to this shop called "Outland", where they sell all kinds of cool stuff like costumes, roleplaying games, fantasy/sci-fi books, comics, manga (in English and Japanese), Drawing books, lego, action figures... etc. There I brought this manga drawing book for references and hints I thought could come in handy. (good)

Next I took the subway back, this time I just didn't make it, so had to wait 15min for the next train(bad)
    Came home tired and got annoyed by what sounded like a door getting shut! Found out it was the window at the kitchen that was blowing up and down, so closed it. Then I took some lasagne out to make ready to heat it, but found out I have to wait 2h before putting it in the oven... crist, will be late dinner today. (bad)
    Then I checked facebook and found out the girl that lived close to here that has been gone missing for over a week, has been found dead... good she's found but sad she's dead. Couldn't expect more though. (bad)

So now I have to wait to make dinner while doing something random on my computer or xbox... either draw or play a game I suppose.
    Last edited by eltoroguaco; 09-04-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

got an interview at this clothing store for tomorrow. They seemed pretty desperate for employees

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Make dat chedda.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

ok