Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Angels' Heaven of Artwork (Critiques Appreciated!)

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Mmk, I'll try that. Thanks, I guess, I'll come up with some sketches later.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

Huh, I didn't know I started a new page!
    Anyways, I'm done with one of my anatomy practices, it is very simple, you can still see the cones and circles, for the purpose of, I suck. :3 And for the purpose of you guys telling me what I'm doing wrong before I erase the guidelines and call it a maniquin.

Bigger image for BV:

Last edited by Prince of Angels; 10-14-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

hi there!
    If you could, can you make it a bit bigger. Sorry... lol can't crit something i can't see too well.
    But its nice that you've started with anatomy. Good luck with that bro!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Thanks, and will, do that should be uploaded in less that 5 mins. :>
    Would you like some pie?

ohokay! that's good.

for the drawing i think the basic thing would be to draw the stick figure first, especially the connection in between the head, the chest, and the hips via spinal cord. This helps you attain a balanced pose and at the same time help in assessing proportion. To illustrate that take a look at doanminhman's tutorial
    SPOILER! :

He's kind of my idol in many ways. Its really helpful, even though highly stylized.
    I hope this crit is fine. Don't give up! Hope to see some more from you soon.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Okay thanks. Unfortunatly I can't apply that to the next thing I upload because, I already drew it last night some fold and head practices, no biggie, /shrug ohwell. I want to get those uploaded sooner, but the scanner with this computer doesn't work, I'm going to have to use a different one. Thanks again.

EDIT:

Fold Practice I

Not one of my best practices, I think I did decent on the cape, except the PoF seems stronger on the right side of the cape. THe scarf and drape didn't turn out so well.

Head Practice I

I had a lot of fun with this one. I really like the guy with the eye patch, I think I did awesome on him. I tagged one of the heads as "horrible" because that one was a big mess-up. And I pimped a character from the old pimp thread here, just its head though. Some of the people who participated there, I dare you to try and find 'em. :P

All crits are appreciated.
    Last edited by Prince of Angels; 10-14-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Adding Pics, you got a problem with that? >:D
    Would you like some pie?

Anatomy Practice II:

I used Bunny's reference for this. I think it turned out somewhat good. Crits welcome.
    Would you like some pie?

you're drawing what you think you see as opposed to what you're actually supposed to be drawing. are wrists really that big? do fingers look like that? are bodies usually this unsymmetrical? where's the chin? why are his feet tiny and square?

refer to this thread for anatomy references, scroll down for more resources as well. I suggest you try to draw one of these poses upside down. the reason I say this is so that you would stop thinking in symbols and so that you could end up drawing what you actually see. this is like a basic exercise for beginning artists that help a fuck ton:

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...W-with-nudity*

more tutorials:

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...s-for-everyone

look through this for even more resources:

https://sites.google.com/site/4chani...ning-tutorials

you're on the internet, which is the holy grail of art resources. you no longer have to worry about taking art classes, forcing yourself to go outside, etc. all you need is motivation and brains. stop doing guesswork, abuse these hundreds of resources bro. It's not practice if you're drawing what you've been drawing the whole time. practicing includes learning, which you can't do without references and help.

I see what you mean, I knew all of those things were there, but it was just practice. Next time I'm gonna try and do beter nad use more references. ^.^
    Would you like some pie?

Also, take your time and don't rush. Your pictures all have a lack of symmetry. If something doesn't look right, just erase it and try again

Another thing, it seems you me that you are hardly lifting your pencil. It's contributing to the lack and symmetry and shaky lines. I'd suggest using shorter lines (I don't mean choppy messy lines, but just short lines that connect well with eachother).
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 10-14-2012 at 04:10 PM.