Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Angels' Heaven of Artwork (Critiques Appreciated!)

Before I make a critique can I ask if when you were making the drawings if you had a set number of head heights chosen for each drawing?

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Err, not really. I literally got into anime drawings two or three days ago, so I'm not really counting heads for these people. Now that I think of it, the Elf and Water Girl do seem a bit short if that's what you mean. :3
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    For the one most recently posted, the shoes/feet in a front view should be flat against the ground, unless he's on his tippy toes.

It looks kind of like this:
    Last edited by TheVermillionFox; 08-09-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

TVF: Wow, thanks, that really helps!
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Angels View Post
    Err, not really. I literally got into anime drawings two or three days ago, so I'm not really counting heads for these people. Now that I think of it, the Elf and Water Girl do seem a bit short if that's what you mean. :3
    Well then, what I really recommend is reading into using head heights to measure the height the character will be the less head heights your character is the more childlike and 'cute' your character becomes and is usually involved in conveying youth, as you use more head heights in a body you get closer to realistic human proportions and usually shows maturity in some respects :P I'll see if I can find some head height charts so you can get an idea for where different parts of the bodies are placed at each head height

Getting this under your belt at an early stage will be incredibly useful for you in the future hence why I'm suggesting this to you

Edit:

This is a he's height chart for realistic human proportions, for the anime/manga style you will usually find that the 7 and 6 head heights will be most useful to you if you have characters that are teenagers

I hope this is helpful
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-09-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Advice: Go with real human anatomy and left "anime" for later.

Demon: Well, thanks. I used http://waylands_forge.tripod.com/123/figure2.htm for my first drawing. That body figure helped me out some, and the site aswell. And... dang I totally forgot what i was going to say, I'll edit this later. <_>

Clock: I assume you meant-Advice: Go with real human anatomy and leave "anime" for later. And by that I asumme you mean just sketch drawings of people? No faces, no clothing. Manniquins. <(I think I spelled that right...)

PoA: Oh, I just noticed something. Nex's left pantleg is lower than the other.
    Last edited by Prince of Angels; 08-09-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Would you like some pie?

O_O I didn't see that edit. Unfortunatly, I'm already far enoug into my drawing, tht I'd rather just apply it to my next drawing. :3 But, I'll try and get t on to the next. Anyways, this thred has beengone due to my inferior art block, I'll get my next drawing in soon.
    Would you like some pie?

This is going to be a very awkward post. :3 here goes...
    Well, I almost have one of my OC's done, there is just one part done, well, technically two...
    The breasts. x3
    I have gone to so many different websites to try and get the appropriate info. BUT I STILL DON'T GET IT. >_<
    I would greatly appreciate if I can get some help, I would go to more websites... but I've seen enough for today. x3
    Would you like some pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Angels View Post
    Demon: Well, thanks. I used http://waylands_forge.tripod.com/123/figure2.htm for my first drawing. That body figure helped me out some, and the site aswell. And... dang I totally forgot what i was going to say, I'll edit this later. <_>
    Loomis (the guy demon posted) explains everything that page explains but a million times better and more detailed, with better art. Idunno how you can trust a website with such shit art as the banner (why does the hair look plastic?)

Clock: I assume you meant-Advice: Go with real human anatomy and leave "anime" for later. And by that I asumme you mean just sketch drawings of people? No faces, no clothing. Manniquins. <(I think I spelled that right...)
    Leave stylized art for stuff on the side and focus more on actual anatomical studies, so that you can gain a better understanding of it all, which you won't gain if you stay in the confides of your own style.

look through this guy's art thread for inspiration. he does a lot of studies and sketches:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ess-Three-Nine