Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50 Shades Of Gray?

so? You don't have to read it. I don't get how you can hate a book if it doesn't affect you at all in any way

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    so? You don't have to read it. I don't get how you can hate a book if it doesn't affect you at all in any way
    I didn't say I hated it? If your referring to VF's original post then I assume she has read it or else why bother making a thread about it :L
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    How can you say you don't like it unless you read it first? I haven't read it but I know some people that have and they seem to like it. It's obviously not my cup of tea but I can't say I hate it. Also just because it's of an adult nature makes it distasteful? Then wouldn't a lot of things be distasteful?

Edit: If there's no point in posting a thread about this if the OP hasnt read it then is there any point in commenting to agree with the OP in the thread if you haven't read it?
    Last edited by Psy; 08-08-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    If there's no point in posting a thread about this if the OP hasnt read it then is there any point in commenting to agree with the OP in the thread if you haven't read it?
    ^This is a good point.

I think for me what throws me off and makes me hesitant to read it is that it started out as a fanfic of twilight. I have nothing against fanfics, but twilight is... well I didn't like it.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if this book has appealed to a larger audience than twilight? Or is it mainly the same people reading it? Tho I guess its more adult themes would shift the audience slightly

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Since our OP doesn't want to have a serious discussion about this book we are moving it to the CB where it belongs.

I might read this book just to see if it's as terrible as it seems. I bet the bondage in it is really shite
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I'm betting my balls here that it isn't worse than Turkish Fruit (Turkish Delight) a dutch erotic (famous, well-received) novel.

Hi puuchan.

puuuuchan!

That is an... I was going to say an awful title but I'm not sure anymore. Now I want these... Turkish Delights(sort of)