Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paranormal: Thoughts?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    We can't explain chi with science because chi doesn't exist.

And, yes, being able to explain things does make them less magical.Not magical in the sense of wonder and awe, but by definition magic implies something that is unknown and unknowable. Look up the literal definitions of the words 'occult' and 'arcane'. Also look up Clarke's law.

Magic implies something apart from science which cannot be explained, at least not entirely. Many people have enough trouble understanding science as it is without people comparing it to magic.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Chi most certainly does exist and it has been scientifically explained. It's merely a body's electromagnetic energy.

http://taijiyang.wordpress.com/2007/...inition-of-qi/

That's just one source of many on the subject. Actually, the whole ideal of chi is nothing but science.
    I do agree with you that once something is scientifically explained takes the 'magic' (& mystery) out of it.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    You're going to have to give me a better source than that. Especially since it refers to 'Western science.'

There is no 'Western' science, there is no 'Eastern' science. There is only and always, science. That's the thing about the truth - it is universal. A fact is a fact anywhere and anywhen.

Also while the body is constantly under various electromagnetic fields, most of the EM fields we encounter in our daily lives are not strong enough to impact our body one way or another. Although it does remind me of an amusing story from the 90s, or maybe the 80s, of when a weather balloon hit some power lines near a town and set off an EMP and gave everyone really bad headaches.

Also another of the many plotholes in the Matrix - any EMP capable of frying an advanced hardened computer is more than capable of frying the human brain.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Okay:

http://www.thebuddhagarden.com/blog/...rgy-breathing/

http://thestar.com.my/health/story.a...936&sec=health

http://naturalbiorhythms.blogspot.co...anagement.html

Of course there's no division of science. You're focusing on semantics.The author was obviously using that term to refer to a theory & technique that was derived in eastern cultures opposed to one originating from the western cultures.

And yes, the human body is constantly in effect with EM fields as well as many other types of energy. While most of this energy is ambient, a person can learn ways to cultivate their own bioelectrical field, or biorhythmic energy management (<---this is what people are talking about when they refer to chi, qi, ki, etc..) & manipulate it for various effects.

Sure an EMP can fry a person's brain but that's not EM energy that I'm referring to. But that's like saying if you sit to close to your TV you'll go blind. A body's bio rhythmic energy isn't a pulse. It permeates the body subtly & naturally like the ambient energies we interact with every day. With practice in the right disciplines a person can learn to manipulate this energy as I mentioned above.

Perhaps scientist who have not researched the phenomena thoroughly can't acknowledge this because they can't prove it through conventional scientific means. But just because certain members of the scientific community don't acknowledge something doesn't automatically debunk a theory. Energy in and of itself is weird & has not been fully understood scientifically but we do know that chi does indeed exist even if we're not aware of all of its [energy] properties.

I'm just saying that chi is another form of energy & although it's been identified as bioelectrical or biorhythmic, science his yet begun to fully understand all it's properties. Even if we don't fully understand it, doesn't mean it can't exist.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 08-16-2012 at 04:49 PM.