Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vesta's Path Away from Noobville

This piece I tried for like a Victorian era style clothing. I tried the makes the hands like they were holding something but it failed. I feel like I should start shading to give it more depth, but when I do it seems all unevenly shaded. Also this is one of the few times I tried inking, and my lines are not very confident. I tried to make more of creepy smile but however it looks awkward, so I stuck with a simple smile thats why the pose might look weird. This is one of my few attempts as well of trying to put detail on clothing, I also feel like that the cloths look really flat toward the bottom of the dress, my confusion is how to differentiate, details from wrinkles. I also feel that the bottom of the legs look weird as well, but I think that is because I drew the feet in an awkward position.
    SPOILER! :

Sidenote: One thing that is bothering me quiet a bit for a long time is the face in general, when ever I make the face it never turns out how I would like. I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶3̶/̶4̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶w̶k̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶i̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶e̶m̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶
    I think I have figured out what has been bothering me it mostly is the mouth, and somewhat the eyes. But when I do the mouth it feels like a small difference in width/length/hight makes it seem really off and looks derpy.
    Last edited by Vesta; 07-08-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made - FDR

The face is actually pretty cute to me, the weird sense you are getting from it is probably the jaw shape, try and work on creating symmetry with your face and it's features, this comes with practice

I like your drawing, keep up the hard work and doodle every day to improve your skills, remember to always take from life and copy a lot of different things, not just manga. :3