Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vesta's Path Away from Noobville

pose and proportion looks okay!
    just review the ankles. find a photo with a similar pose and review the ankles hehe
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Very very awkward question, please don't kill me >.< how do i draw breasts like ahh so hard to explain without sounding wrong. But are they like circles or ovals, or u shaped. *feels stupid for asking question*
    Last edited by Vesta; 11-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.

These get the point across fairly well
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Im still alive hehe but he is something i made yesterday

Nov 26th
    SPOILER! :
    001.jpg something seems a little too stiff? hands are still derpy i think...

btw taragon i like your avatar picture
    Last edited by Vesta; 11-27-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I think your approach to drawing is a very good one. I have to say, I always found when I drew from those pose-able wooden figures, my drawings ended up a little wooden. I think someone posted a pose maniacs link earlier, and the thirty second poses are really helpful. Making sure you do that about once a day will greatly improve your anatomy, I guarantee it.

So here's the thing. If you feel like you're drawing too small, you probably are. In fact, drawing from nude figures is generally done on 18'' x 24'' paper. For now, 11'' x 14'' paper will probably do the trick for a standing figure, top of the head to toes. Trust me, it will be so much easier to draw in the details if you work larger.

Point number three (I'm almost done I swear!). When you are first starting to draw, it is a good idea to draw the body under the clothes first. Its like drawing the head underneath before you draw the hair; if you don't, chances are it will end up in the wrong place. Awkward as it is to picture people naked, it is important to picture what is underneath the clothes so that you know how the clothes will cover them. Pose maniacs is great for that, as it not only shows you the body, but the muscles underneath and how their tension contributes to the pose. I am assuming you are around highschool age or before? Nude drawing classes, at least in america, are not offered in public highschool. If you are interested in drawing from life, try contacting a local college. They will often offer a class that you can participate in. Whether you are drawing realism, semi realism, or straight up manga style, drawing from life is important. It will help you to understand volume, dimension and light. Just sketching other people at the park or in school is very helpful.

Well, there's my two cents. You have a great attitude and seem to be working hard at this. Good luck!

follow mitama's advice specially on drawing the body first and drawing from life... its the best... ur drawing becomes less rigid...
    although i haven't taken nude drawing classes in my university cause its only exclusive to art students (and i am not an art student, lol) you can always learn from the internet... and people walking by... it becomes part of your memory if you always exercise your brain to draw poses even from still pictures. soon enough you can draw nude images from fully clothed people hehehe...

anyway keep it up! don't give up... i'm learning as well but i'm happy to see u guys keeping it up (despite the lack of feedback, so sorry i think the forum isnt as active as it was before...)
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

fingies and toes confuse me. btw i have a question whats the thing some people use its like drawing on the computer but their not using their mouse and is it hard to get used to?
    Dec 6th
    SPOILER! :
    001.jpg Ignore the scribble on the side, i drew it on a paper that had English stuff on it.

Thanks Mitama and BunnyVoid for helpful feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vesta View Post
    fingies and toes confuse me. btw i have a question whats the thing some people use its like drawing on the computer but their not using their mouse and is it hard to get used to?
    Dec 6th
    SPOILER! :
    001.jpg Ignore the scribble on the side, i drew it on a paper that had English stuff on it.

Thanks Mitama and BunnyVoid for helpful feedback
    I believe the tool you're looking for is a drawing tablet. Like you said, it's difficult to get used to (have to practice quite a bit, doing loops and whatnot), but it's pretty essential for doing digital art, I'd say.

As for your drawing, things are looking pretty proportional! Something about the position of her head seems a little off though, like it's too far forward? Not sure. Also, the torso and legs seem to shift to a front view rather than the quarter-ish view of the top, not sure if it was intentional or not (if it was, srry ^_^)

There's something not quite right about her left area (arm/shoulder), it seems to be facing more forward than the rest of the body. Feels like in this position her arm should be a little less visible than it is.

(warning:awkwardness) I'm not quite sure, but the breasts look either too far down or too long for the width. This could just be an issue of clothing though, but I'd say keep it in mind.

In any case, you did pretty well and overall the stuff is pretty good! In the future, it would be cool to see some different poses and actions, too.
    keep going! ^_^
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I would have a look into studying anatomy and go to the foundations (of art) and work up. Have a read through Loomis' Figure Drawing: http://illustrationage.files.wordpre...-its-worth.pdf it's a great resource for those starting out.

Look into anatomical principles such as gestures:

And make sure to use human references when studying the human body; whether you choose to study naked or clothed models is completely your choice. Remember that if you are wanting to stylise drawings then you need to understand what you are drawing first. You cannot make an interpretation of life when you haven't observed and understood the basics of life. Also read this other book by loomis: http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andre...a%20Pencil.pdf

It will help introduce you to basics of art, such as deconstructing your model and building drawings from form. Simple to detail.

EDIT: i've been too busy to properly elaborate on some details, so sorry for the simple and quick review
    What I posted in Icy's thread should also help you

Dec 10th
    I feel like i erase too much then the paper gets all wierd
    SPOILER! :
    001.jpg Something with feet and legs looks funky and ...one of the breasts...Sorry about how the paper is leaning >.<