Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your game style?

I'm based on the games I've played on my short life. Another example is Fable, you can do awesome changes on your character, but the story is too "basic". There is no deep story, just one vilain that you have to kill. And this is the point were I say that almost all Western RPG seem repetitive. You have a reason to kill someone and the whole game is a chase to that someone.

Japanese RPG have more mistery. Friends that become enemies, enemies that help you and become your best ally (Final fantasy X). And an ending that you were not expecting.

On most western RPG you kill the last boss and it's ok, you've finished the story.

No you are objectively wrong. You will probably have to play more games before you can really develop an opinion. Basing your entire argument on two okay games is p bad form.

Planescape torment is famous for having the best written story in an rpg and its decidedly western. I don't expect you to have played that one, but cmon now. Don't let your ignorance let you develop poor opinions.

Planescape is from 1999 (yeah, san google gave me a hand xD) I was too young at that time. Well I guess I don't have enought knowledge to discuss about RPG. I just played the most recent ones (Except FFX that is a bit old too).

Anyway, Planescape run on win7?

Yeah but you would probably not like it. I'm not insulting you I'm just saying the game is old and its hard to work with. But yeah if you get it on GoG.com it'll run on windows 7.

If you do play remember that it's not like a typical rpg. Putting points into intelligence and charisma is more important than putting points into strength. That way you can talk your way out of most situations and recover more of your memories. That will make sense if you play the game.

Games where I can kill things. This means p. much every game.

I play some FPS, some RPG. I've been playing this real time strategy lately called Sins of a Solar Empire. It's amazing. It's epic. It's unnecessarily large. I've spent well over 20 hours on a single game against ONE computer opponent.

I'll look for it Jubeh, I saw good critics about it. And that's kind weird, on most RPG charisma just help you to buy things at low prices. xD

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    Some J-RPGs (The Shin Megami Tensei Series ...all of them), Strategy RPG (like ...well ...the Super Robot Wars series), 2D Platformers (RockMan series), Hack n' Slash games (Devil May Cry games), Fighting games (mainly Street Fighter and KOF),
    and Beat'em Ups (especially the ones made in the 90's)

Oh and theres the horror ones anything that can maintain me in suspense works due to the lack of good horror movies lately...

Adventure/Quest games like Syberia are the best :)

I say sandbox type games, FPS's and 3PS's.