View Poll Results: Do you think I draw well for my age?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 80.00%
  • No

    1 20.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: TVF's Critique Thread Yehaw

  1. #21
    101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the little Anime Studio in the sky.
    Posts
    110
    Oh an edit, never noticed this before just now. :3

    PoA's Notes: Bad Things: Char #1: The eyes look a little too far apart, but that might be just because of the nose. It kind of looks like a dog nose. Which, is probably because of the lighting. The left (her right) hand's knuckles need to be shorter, . :3 Needs some shading on the back of her hair and her left (our right) looks a bit pointy, maybe because it falls OS. Char #2: Hands again. His left (our right) the palm needs to be thinner while the fingers needs thickening. If he's grabbing his hair, I think it might need some creases or something to indicate he's holding his hair.

    Good Things: Char #1: The under shirt, turtleneck thing. It goes nice with her outfit over all. That's really it, I do like the whole outfit for her. Good things Char #2: Angel Wings... that means I am his prince. Bow down to me! Again, the outfit is really cool. The colouring is really good too. Good job! And I hope my Criting will do you some good.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

  2. #22
    Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    250
    The fact that my eraser didnt work very well helped with making my final nose attempt look like a dogs, oops.

    And actually, that dude is a fallen angel XD, so you no longer rule him :3.

    Thanks for the crits
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

  3. #23
    101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the little Anime Studio in the sky.
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVermillionFox View Post
    And actually, that dude is a fallen angel XD, so you no longer rule him :3.
    Nuuuu!
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

  4. #24
    Super Senior Member Demonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    2,928
    Picture 1:

    By visual observation it appears that the legs are too long or the body is too short, I'm beginning to think it would be good practice for you to measure out the head heights and have chart beside you for reference, tha should help you with that problem. Also some shading would really give it some volume

    Picture 2:

    The hands , particularily the one covering his eye; the fingers randomly change size, try to keep them reasonably the same size unless they are being obstructed from view by objects or the fingers themselves. The upper right leg appears to be quite thin, especially on comparison with the upper left leg. I love the wings on this drawing

    Hope that helps


    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Angels View Post
    Nuuuu!
    Lol :P

  5. #25
    Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    250
    I've never thought about head heights before, I might try it, if I'm not too lazy -.-

    Sixth Entry: 8/19/12

    Enjoy some sassy teenage Aeden fanart:

    Last edited by TheVermillionFox; 08-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

  6. #26
    Super Senior Member Demonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    2,928
    Avast! Here be a lucky chart for ye for using Head Heights;



    That should help ye, for manga style I suggest using 6/7 heads tall (6 -Younger Teens or deformed teens, 7 - Older Teens and borderline Adults, 8 head heights is reserved either incredibly daunting characters or for proper human anatomy (which is good practice by the way and incredibly helpful!)


    As for your new peice, watch out for the arm thickness, the left arm looks much thicker than the right. Also the right collarbone should be pointing up towards the shoulder, yours appears to just go parallel with the shoulder. Hope this helped
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.

  7. #27
    One Thousand Member JJJorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Your coloring's improving. Right now, I'm just going to put some critiques about the anatomy.

    The eyes are much too far apart. Remember, eyes are only ONE eye's length away from eachother. The tail doesn't connect to anything or else you'd be able to see it through the legs. Compared to the head, the body should be longer (this would take care of the problem with the tail). The arms are too long compared to the crotch. The mouth's too low. Are the horns supposed to be 3D, because they look pretty flat.

  8. #28
    Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    Your coloring's improving. Right now, I'm just going to put some critiques about the anatomy.

    The eyes are much too far apart. Remember, eyes are only ONE eye's length away from eachother. The tail doesn't connect to anything or else you'd be able to see it through the legs. Compared to the head, the body should be longer (this would take care of the problem with the tail). The arms are too long compared to the crotch. The mouth's too low. Are the horns supposed to be 3D, because they look pretty flat.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    Avast! Here be a lucky chart for ye for using Head Heights;

    That should help ye, for manga style I suggest using 6/7 heads tall (6 -Younger Teens or deformed teens, 7 - Older Teens and borderline Adults, 8 head heights is reserved either incredibly daunting characters or for proper human anatomy (which is good practice by the way and incredibly helpful!)


    As for your new peice, watch out for the arm thickness, the left arm looks much thicker than the right. Also the right collarbone should be pointing up towards the shoulder, yours appears to just go parallel with the shoulder. Hope this helped
    Thanks, I'll use that sometime.
    ______________________________________________

    Seventh Entry: 8/22/12

    New avatar, this one looks more like me. And I took what demonfyre said and made it look more like a 3/4 view. I still see something wrong with the jaw though, maybe it's just my squiggly lines.



    And this one is the official design for my superhero, and the entry for the new MOB Contest, awesome idea JJ. I know that there is something terribly wrong with one of the hands.

    Last edited by TheVermillionFox; 08-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

  9. #29
    Super Senior Member Demonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    2,928
    On exodus: The top half of the arms are longer than the lower half of the arm and are much too long, they should be equal lengths and the upper arm should end around the bottom of the rib cage. The thighs are different widths and finally I think that the right knee is really small in comparison with the other leg which is probably down to the fact the thigh is too thin. I love the design keep up the good work

  10. #30
    Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    On exodus: The top half of the arms are longer than the lower half of the arm and are much too long, they should be equal lengths and the upper arm should end around the bottom of the rib cage. The thighs are different widths and finally I think that the right knee is really small in comparison with the other leg which is probably down to the fact the thigh is too thin. I love the design keep up the good work
    Okay, I'll look for that next time. But I'm pretty sure I screwed the arms up on this one:

    Eighth Entry: 8/28/12

    Birthday present for my best friend. I already see that the arm thickness is uneven and the hair shading is in the wrong direction at the bottom.

    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •