View Poll Results: Do you think I draw well for my age?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TVF's Critique Thread Yehaw

The concept for the picture is pretty good. I can tell what youre aiming for.
    The neck however is too large. Try downsizing it a bit.
    The effect I think youre going for would work a lot better if you used a cooler shade of blue. in the background.
    And you should try for line depth. If you had better line depth, it would really help for the emphasis on the horn.

Overall, I feel like youre a begginer artist whos honestly trying, and I like to see that !

I think you really need to do some anatomy and facial structure studies. It will help a lot and you'll be extremely happy with the results.

The eyes need to be high way up on the face. Basically, the whole face is too low. The eyes are too far apart. What it really needs is a narrower and smaller head; the head and neck is just very large it seems when compared to the body. You've shaded the face as if it were balloon shaped. Also, your light source isn't consistent. The arms are different lengths. The collarbone is in the wrong place/angled oddly.

She is looking good however you are still making the lower arm abnormally small and the top half of the arm is still very linear plus everything else mentioned, other than that it's looking great keep up the good work
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    The concept for the picture is pretty good. I can tell what youre aiming for.
    The neck however is too large. Try downsizing it a bit.
    The effect I think youre going for would work a lot better if you used a cooler shade of blue. in the background.
    And you should try for line depth. If you had better line depth, it would really help for the emphasis on the horn.

Overall, I feel like youre a begginer artist whos honestly trying, and I like to see that !
    I am not a beginner...what's line depth?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    I think you really need to do some anatomy and facial structure studies. It will help a lot and you'll be extremely happy with the results.

The eyes need to be high way up on the face. Basically, the whole face is too low. The eyes are too far apart. What it really needs is a narrower and smaller head; the head and neck is just very large it seems when compared to the body. You've shaded the face as if it were balloon shaped. Also, your light source isn't consistent. The arms are different lengths. The collarbone is in the wrong place/angled oddly.
    Dang it, I just realized the shading on the clothing was completly screwed up, but I can't fix it now because the layers merged (stupid oekaki applet...).

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She is looking good however you are still making the lower arm abnormally small and the top half of the arm is still very linear plus everything else mentioned, other than that it's looking great keep up the good work
    Oops, I guess that's a pet peeve of mine -_-lll

Ninth Entry: 9/8/2012

I meant to add stars in the background, but I accidently didn't save it as a raw CP file that I could edit when I was done. The only thing that's in the file now is half the lineart *facepalm*. And I was thinking that if there was something wrong with it I could fix it, I'm so stupid. On the other hand, this is an art trade with SapphireShine on DA. I'll begin on Demonfyre's next.

One thing that pisses me off about Corel Painter is that it uses pen pressure, which I suck at using correctly. Now my line weights look all faggy...

Noiw this one I saved as a RIFF with everything done, so I can fix whatever I need to.
    Last edited by TheVermillionFox; 09-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVermillionFox View Post
    One thing that pisses me off about Corel Painter is that it uses pen pressure, which I suck at using correctly. Now my line weights look all faggy...
    If you haven't you need to setup your pen pressure and speed in the scratcher, you'll find it under edit>preferences if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks, that helped

Oh yay! You got the arm problem sorted! Well done only thing I want to suggest is to use a hand reference for that left hand and do some hand studies keep up the good work!
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

The thighs in the first picture are really short - they're half the length of the head! compare with your own legs - not that way in real life! But I like the design of the suit, and the facial expression is portrayed well. Also, I think it'd be worth practicing the shape of heads more - on lots of your pictures, the outline of the face is quite wobbly, with random bumps etc that shouldnt be there. The shape is pretty much there, but it may be worth just practicing doing long continuous lines so that the outlines are smoother

I'm not sure if you're ignoring the critiques and advice people are giving you here or if you just don't understand. But, honestly, you're continuing to repeat the same mistakes even thoigh people kerp pointing them out.

The best advice I can give you is LOOK AT REFERENCES, STUDY ANATOMY, AND HOW TO COLOR HAIR, SKIN, AND CLOTHING WITH DIFFERENTLY ANGLED LIGHT SOURCES.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsfade View Post
    The thighs in the first picture are really short - they're half the length of the head! compare with your own legs - not that way in real life! But I like the design of the suit, and the facial expression is portrayed well. Also, I think it'd be worth practicing the shape of heads more - on lots of your pictures, the outline of the face is quite wobbly, with random bumps etc that shouldn't be there. The shape is pretty much there, but it may be worth just practicing doing long continuous lines so that the outlines are smoother
    Oi, thanks. And I need to work on my lining.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    I'm not sure if you're ignoring the critiques and advice people are giving you here or if you just don't understand. But, honestly, you're continuing to repeat the same mistakes even thoigh people kerp pointing them out.

The best advice I can give you is LOOK AT REFERENCES, STUDY ANATOMY, AND HOW TO COLOR HAIR, SKIN, AND CLOTHING WITH DIFFERENTLY ANGLED LIGHT SOURCES.
    I'm not ignoring them, sometimes I don't always know what to look for and some of the changes depend on what's in the picture. And I'm trying to get to that so just chill

Tenth Entry: 8/3/12

Any crits for chibis?

(Oh jeez, SF was right. My lines look awful...I need to start tapering.)
    Last edited by TheVermillionFox; 09-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.