Thread: Zfox88's Beginner stuff

Threaded View

Tween Member

Talking Zfox88's Beginner stuff

So the thing about being a beginner is... Struggling to improve without getting discouraged

Tried following Rio's tutorials on drawing Manga style faces. The front gave me a good feeling after I saved it. The quarterview didn't turn out so well... This character is my creation btw, which I am calling Lucy for now. Unfortunately, Lucy is just a floating head currently

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

I also tried my hand at copy drawing a videogame character using a reference image from the Tales wiki.

SPOILER! :

Any feedback would be appreciated~
    Things that I know I suck at: Shading, creases in clothing and hair. I've looked at many articles going over hair, but I can't seem to get it right!

October 30, 2013 -

Tried another front sketch and decided somewhere in the middle to try giving her a body. So I took a look at multiple things trying to get a good feel for proportions. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this.

Sketch:
    SPOILER! :

Top layer:
    SPOILER! :

I'm naming this one Rika. Before anyone says anything, yeah I kind of cheated my way out of having to draw the hands

November 5 - 2013

Not a lot of time to draw lately. I've taken some advice and tried to make my lines smoother and make the clothes look less like a rubber suit and more like actual clothes. Also tried doing the whole body in quarterview with one hand facing the 'camera' and the other turning away. This was a really fun one to do, albeit very time consuming. Is her body perhaps too small?

SPOILER! :

As the Japanese would say: Jishinsaku desu!

Last piece, but with color.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Zfox88; 11-06-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added content.