Thread: A Little Help Is Needed...With Griffons

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar

Question A Little Help Is Needed...With Griffons

I'm trying to finish up a point commission for someone on DeviantART and the person request involves this griffon;

I have had little experience in drawing animals, especially fantasy creatures. But, I still want to try it. If anyone could give me some tips or tutorials on drawing them, can you please share them with me here?
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

I think it's just going to be a case of trial and error VF, I tried to find a guide or a video but most were just how to draw a specific mythological creature which is little help to you, if I stumble across something useful I will let out know though

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Thanks for letting me know your trying to help, bro O3O
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

A traditional griffon is just a creature composed of an eagle and a lion (the front end being the eagle and the hind end a lion - obviously). If you want to draw one well the best thing you can do is look up reference pictures of eagles and lions and use that to base your drawing on.

Definitely do what nisaren suggested and look up specific reference pictures to base, as that is literally what gryphons are!

But, here's a link to quite a few gryphon tutorials, from v basic to quite complicated to give you some basic ideas of where to start if it helps and you're quite lost: http://www.dragoart.com/gryphons-c140-1.htm