Ying Yang Member
Getting your Portfolio viewed
So I got my portfolio reviewed this year by some guy from Gestalt Comics.
Didnt go very well since
1. He doesnt know a lot about anime and manga format
2. I was extremely unprepared since I had a week to prepare one and I'm a lazy prick so I havent drawn many things.
SO here are some tips to get prepare yourself into getting your portfolio reviewed by comic publishers as an artist!
Please read this:
1. Publishers would want to see some environmental artwork in your portfolio.
2. Dynamic Poses are more interesting than static ones.
3. Expressions are important in your character.
4. Have a range in your portfolio.
5. Make sure you know anatomy, as well as you are consistent with drawing characters in panels (if you have comic work)
If you get a chance to get your portfolio viewed by a professional, do so! It is a great learning curve and would definitely help you in getting work from publishers in the future.
Feel free to post some more tips here!
lol if you show anime to comic artists they will rip it to pieces
There is a different wayto get your portfolio seen in an online setting.