Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is your goal/dream in life?

i want to be awesome!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    are you japanese?
    nope. hehe.. but being a manga artist sure sounds fun and tiring
    I bleed endlessly, tonight as I hear your last requiem with the soothing melody of the dying hurling wind...

^Prepare yourself... clock is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    i want to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    ^Prepare yourself... clock is coming...
    tick tock tick tock :3 *suspense
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hansuke22 View Post
    nope. hehe.. but being a manga artist sure sounds fun and tiring
    Basically "manga" is just japanese comic book but what make it its own its the cultural aspect from which are made, which if you are not japanese or have lived in japan (I mean lived your whole educational life and work life) its almost impossible to grasp, and its even worst as the japanese comic book industry only deals with japanese people (we could talk about the xenophobia and racism in japan or their aim on protecting this job spots only for japaneses).

Anyway read this:
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...d-writer/page2

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    clock, we've heard it a million times. Seriously.

"manga" is simply the Japanese word for comic book, and while authentic manga contains all the cultural references and insights of Japan, it is not impossible for "us" (western readers) to read, enjoy, and understand it.

Therefore, while it is not possible for a non-Japanese person to create authentic manga, they can replicate it. For example, they can write/draw American manga, or French manga, or whatever have you, but it is still a comic book/graphic novel that seeks to replicate the style of Japanese manga. Therefore, it is manga. Not Japanese manga, but manga nonetheless.

So, Hansuke, keep drawing!

(And tell Clock that his participation on these MANGA DRAWING HELP FORUMS is highly contradictory.)

Also, I'm not going to argue, so see ya'll

*trollin' like a boss*
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

You have heard it million of time, but not Hansucke, so it is something he/she must heard and ask if he wants to keep going forward, as you can't achieve something you haven't defined.

Its is not impossible for us to enjoy something, but our enjoyment is different if we were of that X culture. And the fact that we understand it is also because of the universality of subjects, that the individuals are still humans and that we are facing old human problems, there is nothing we shouldn't be able to understand, but what we can't is to understand it from the cultural view point of that culture. We can understand the grief of a mother who lost her child, still we don't need to be mothers or live that, this is the "magic" of empathy when the subject is meant for people, to be understood for people, we can empathize it.

And as we can't understand things from their cultural point of view, everything we do to mimic it its going to end as a cartoon view of their reality and culture, letting out a blunt interpretation of things and a lack of understanding and empathy. We can't create mangas just because we aren't part of that world, but this is not bad by any mean, because you are part of your own reality, which is as rich and full of things as any other, you can write from your perspective and so be gentle on your cultural clashes. Also just read any western made manga and you are going to see how bad their portray everything, how everything looks like a joke and the lack of sensibility over everything, and this is in part because they are: mimicking and not understanding, they are stating that manga is equal to an art style (which we have discussed previously that there is none and its as diverse as western comic) and that many narrative decisions made on mangas are right, when most are cheap ways to delivery a visual story (this is also made in western comics, and its sad).

Finally, you can't come to the discussion thread and say "I'm not going to argue", why did you posted in the first place then? This is the discussion forum of MT, so if you post here you must be ready to back up your words. And I know I critic all this but its in part because critic help you to identify what are you doing, specially in this subject where kids want to make mangas and want to get published on shonen jump and they are completely oblivious to any critic, you need to be blunt and tell them the reality, and this migth help them to identify their goals better, to create a better plan to approach their goals and to finally fulfill them.

Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    *trollin' like a boss*
    Just going to point out this sounds completely retarded.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ok either discuss your goals and all that junk or get infracted to oblivion.