Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Suicide

someone close to me tried to commit suicide just about a year ago. the asshole tried to stab himself in the heart but either the knife was too dull or he wasn't strong enough so it didn't cut through to get to his heart. after his parents found out about it they spent months and months shitting their pants worried he might do it again. they locked the rooftop door, took all the sharp objects out of the kitchen and did not let him go out of the house, which made it even worse for him.

now the thing is that him commiting suicide is not surprising, he had hit rock-bottom has a human being and his life was pathetic. but he didn't do it because of that, to my disappointment i found out he actually did it for love. now, euthanasia is another story but when you have a healthy mind and body, you still have a great potential for influencing the world. heck, if you don't care for your life at all, try to use it to save others atleast; then you wouldn't be a pathetic human being when you leave the world. thoughts of suicide only come after huge shocks that damages one aspect of your life permanently, it makes you think that every single thing in life is over. but when you actually look at the big picture it's the most stupid thing and the worst decision you can make in life.

if you hate your life then change it, it's a thousand times better than losing it.

Teen Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BozeSG View Post
    to my disappointment i found out he actually did it for love.
    You know, reaching a mindstate like that takes quite a lot of years. The real reason is usually not one thing, but lots of them that piles up. It's like having a headache: you lose your temper more easily, and you're told you are unreasonable. And that makes you even more frustrated.

And if he is really close to you, you could at least try to think about what pulls him in that state and find a way to solve them. Hard? Then leave the problem as it is, most of the people does that anyway, but don't be surprised if he developes even worse behavior. Telling someone to be useful at least is rarely does any good. It sounds like you don't care at all. Besides many times expectations are the best cause for suicide. And what if he hates the world? Why should he feel like wanting to help anyone then?

And since he made his parents to find his (expected) corpse it's more like a revenge on his parents too. And they reacted with shutting him in... Sorry for saying this, but do you really expect a gloomy suicide guy to cheer up and get better when he is shutted in, with his gloomy thoughts making rounds and rounds again in his head??? At least did they change anything in their own relationship with their son, or are they just waiting to things solve themselves?

And one more opinion that may help understanding gloomy people (though I'm not a suicidal type either and I'm actually optimistic who likes being happy and all smile):

If you ever had a bad mood for more than some hours, you may noticed that you can't think logically in that state. Your thoughts are all sad and all you think that can help you is sad music and speaking/reading about sad things. Thouh it sucks you even more into the bad mood. If you have anything that can made you feel better (like friends or hobbies) you can get out, but what if you dont have it?
    Then try imagining that dark mood is your normal everyday state.

But don't misunderstand me, suicidal people can be hard to convince and I don't blame anyone who don't want to do it. Usually I don't do it either, as long as it's not a close friend.
    Last edited by yrowre; 08-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.

If you guys knew somebody was intending to commit suicide what would you say to them

Make me a sandwich.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I have a friend contemplating suicide right now. I just give him the usual pick-me-up and basically say 'stay alive'.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Make me a sandwich.
    That's interesting why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I have a friend contemplating suicide right now. I just give him the usual pick-me-up and basically say 'stay alive'.
    Do you think that is enough?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    No, there's nothing I can really do if he truly wants to kill himself, but I wont just sit back and watch.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    No, there's nothing I can really do if he truly wants to kill himself, but I wont just sit back and watch.

Exactly. I'd do everything in my power...shit I'd put my bud on sucide watch if need be. But I just couldn't let them loose that 3rd man without trying to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    If you guys knew somebody was intending to commit suicide what would you say to them
    I wouldn't say one of those cheesy things like "Stay alive. I want you to know we love you and we will always be there for you" but I would invite him/her to parties, sleepovers (if he/she would be a really close friend), shopping sprees (if that person would be a girl) etc. so he/she knows I want his/her company and he/she matters to me.

Ya, girls love shopping sprees, there is nothing else that girls want and there is no girl who wouldn't prefer anything different. And people who think in suicide are immediately stopped if they feel that matter to someone.