Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

Definitely. I wasn't positive what the idea was about at first, but I understand it now. Should be fun.

okay,but it better be good enough to grab my attention...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    What exactly are you looking for Leoh? We can probably start several, each with different genre's and so on, so there's something for everyone.

@Rio
    i'll just stick around only if its interesting....
    last time i did this kind of thing, well it didnt work very well...especially since i started loosing interest in the story (many artist working on the same comic, like a colloboration of many artist but each were assigned a page,plus, the characters were taken from many other manga works)
    Besides, the only thing i was looking foward in this forum was the monthly manga challenge because i'm serious about becoming a professional comic artist.

I don't see why there can't be both things. I don't really understand the hang up with having a standing challenge for people that wish to do a "manga in a month". Just like everything on this site, it would be completely optional. Maybe it would be more logical to have a subforum for people to post their MaMos. Or people could just post in the Manga Works forum but I'm not sure if that would be the right place for it. Maybe make it a post title convention like all Mamo progress threads are listed as: [MaMo] "Manga Title" - Author. In the thread, they can post progress reports and such and then post the finished product at the end of the month.

I still think doing a rolling manga would be pretty cool for those that don't want to do the challenge. The only problem that I can foresee with the rolling manga is getting people to submit their pages in the correct order and within a reasonable amount of time. I'm not sure what Rio had in mind for the actual logistics, but maybe there should be a point man to whom everyone submits their pages. At the end of the month, they can post all the pages in the correct order for everyone to see.

Whether it is "officially sanctioned" or not, you should still be able to take it upon yourself to try to do the MaMo challenge. Maybe everyone else here won't be participating alongside you, but you don't need our approval to make a manga. I just thought it would be neat to recognize people that take it upon themselves to complete the challenge.

Yeah, thats pretty much what i've decided to do and I am already doing it. thing is is that i am already teamed up with a partner for that and i'm doing one shots each month (so thats like working on two mangas at the same time). I dont really like to be in one manga where there will be alot of collaborators because it wont bring the manga to its full potential.

though, to bring it to its full potential, i think it'd be a good idea to have one person to make the Whole storyboard (meaning to plan out the panels), and THEN assing the pages to the artists. The story boards arent supposed to be all fancy but just a rough sketch with a few notes on the sides for clarafication.

once i'm done with the 2nd one shot (meaning all inked and finished), i'll post the storyboard so that you guys can compare to the finished product and get the idea of what i'm saying.
    Last edited by Leoh; 03-22-2011 at 08:20 PM.