Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

DARN IT!
    i can see both sides and dont know which to support....ugh....i'll just stay neutral....

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Well, it's not that much for me to organize every month. I don't think I'll personally be able to do a manga every month but hey, that's why there is an option for folks to join when they can. How's this:

- We keep MaMo as a yearly challenge but
    - We also hold a monthly manga challenge for those who want to pursue this. People can choose to join monthly or join bi-monthly or whenever they can.

If everyone's cool with that, I'll set up the Monthly Manga Challenge thread later today or tomorrow.

@Rio
    yeah, thats cool

RIGHT ON!!!!! ....can't belive i just said that......
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

But if the challenge is held to often, isn't it will lose some of its impact? NaNoRenO is only held once a years, so lots of people want to participate in it when it comes. But if it's held every once every month of two month, people could say "oh, I can't this time, I'll definitely participate next month (and repeat)"

Maybe we should up the ante for MaMo then if it's only being held once a year. I'm not exactly sure what would be reasonable though.

Honestly, if you look they hold other write-a-book-in-a-month challenges at other various times of the year. The big one that most people do is held in November and known as Nanowrimo, but I know of several others. So the monthly challenges would just be like smaller, less advertised versions of MaMo.

Maybe we should do a rolling manga type event. The one where one person does one page, the next person does another, and it pretty much cycles through the participants. This way, the workload isn't so bad (only one manga page per person), the story can take some surprising directions and be pretty much dynamic, and people can get practice at the same time.

It'll be different enough from MaMo so that it doesn't take away from each other and it'll give participants time to "rest" in between pages.

That sounds like it could be really cool. It would be even better if you have a script or something to work off of so the story doesn't get sidetracked. Maybe we could have people submit scripts and then have everyone vote on which they like the best and then try to do the rolling manga from that.

Maybe we could ask someone from the Writing section? Or maybe we'll just as in the Recruit forum.... I'll go post there now.

That's a nice idea ^_^ It's fun to see how people's different style try to draw same character.