Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

@ nirasen
    for you, i would recommend you reading "making comics" by Scott McCloud.He clears up the mysterious magic that plays behind the panels of comics! I read his book and made methink about how i set up my panels better as well as the ballons and stuff. It explains the techniques rather than saying "you do this and that and this and then make this thing...." kind of steps which is quite useless....

I agree with Nisaren because its better off having it as a challenge and just making the due date longer wont help us. Besides its the first time for everyone in here and as time progresses, they will be able to disipline themselves too.
    Last edited by Leoh; 03-04-2011 at 07:59 PM.

@Rio if you think it's too much hassle to set up and just want to do a Bi-monthly thing that would work too. I was just thinking of it as a standing challenge to anyone that wishes to push themselves. It's not a big deal if there are months where no one succeeds. I wouldn't worry about people cheating or not, as they're only hurting themselves.

If you would like I can post my script, although it's been getting fairly long. I was planning on posting it along with progress pictures after I finished the whole manga. But if you'd like me to post it before I suppose that would be fine.

@Leoh He sounds really familiar, does he have a website that is geared towards teaching web comic techniques? I have read through a bit of stuff written on the topic of creating comics, writing stories, etc., but I was more suggesting this for the newbies that come here. I feel like I've found most of the answers that I wanted doing research over the past year or so and in looking back I was thinking it would be helpful to see how various people approach the process. I still think it's useful since I can refine my own processes.

@nisaren
    he has a journal site kind of thing, here is his site: http://scottmccloud.com/
    the book i was talking bout and recommend reading http://www.scottmccloud.com/2-print/3-mc/index.html
    he's a professional comic artist

Am I late for this contest?

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    Uh-huh.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    lol Very late but we're discussing making it into a more frequent event like monthly or bi-monthly.

Rio: monthly or bi-monthly would work fine for me and for a lot of other people. If school throws something at us, we can delay it til the next month or somethig

I AGREE With the bi monthly! For starters everyone will at least do something for two months, and if not then it will make them organaise better if they realy care about this contest.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

i guess i can agree....
    my school did got a bit tough lately with all the projects i have to do and most i havent been sleeping well either this past week (last night i stayed up to 2 am!!! D:<) and it might go well with my partner i just got recently by giving her more time to think about the story....

Hmm... up to you guys what you want to do. I still think having it as a standing monthly challenge would be fine. But if it would mean that it's too much of a burden for Rio to do it monthly, then bi-monthly is what it must be. You don't *have* to do it. It's just there for people that want to push themselves. Plus a 30-page chapter is what a lot of manga artists do each month, so for those that actually want to become one trying to match this pace is probably worth attempting. Just my 2 cents.