Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

HEy guy hey guys I ACTUALY FINISHED IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!! YAYAYAYY!!!!! of corse its cra*y and it isnt scanned and i intended to do 2x the pages and all but i ACTUALY FINISHED SOMETHING!!! GOOD OR BAD(probably realy bad...) WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Pls go see it and tell me what you think!http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?503-The-manga-contest-thing%28take-a-look...you-know-you-want-to%29...that-is-late..and-cr*py&p=12189#post12189

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Leoh and Gedeon
    Nice! Way to go you guys! I'll leave comments after I read through them.

As for everyone else, yeah, post it up when you can. I actually timed this whole thing a bit off so I won't actually post anything yet. C:

Thumbs up for Gedeon. He's the first one to finish it and on time

AHHHH GED! mine is just 3 pages =$
    Yours looks awesome 8D I'll read it during the weekend hehe =)

Back to mine:
    - Manga name: MT Addiction
    - What happened on Friday inspired me to draw this meme manga.
    - I'll keep the MT manga for a later time (when I get a tablet) ~_~
    - Didn't make a cover page to save paper and, consequently, save trees from being cut <-- ok ok, I admit I was lazy to make a cover page >_<

Enjoy! ^_^
    http://trader01.deviantart.com/#/d3app4q : page 1
    http://trader01.deviantart.com/art/M...Atrader01&qo=1 : page 2
    http://trader01.deviantart.com/art/M...Atrader01&qo=0 : page 3

@ rio
    me too....

I didn't do anything DX I WILL POST SOMETHING NEXT TIME!

I'm so confused . At first I started up chapter 1 of probably the best manga idea I ever had, but I couldn't get past the "name" of the first chapter for two reasons:
    1) About mid-way through, two of my friends (I created 2 separate mangas and on the two separate ones they're my editors) urged me to do two different mangas. So I ended up doing some pretty crappy manga "names" for each, so I was overworked.
    2) I recently won an education case, and when I went back into school, I had A LOT to catch up on, so that flipped me off.

But I shall make no excuses this month! Rest assured, I'll do a 45-page completed first chapter of a glorious manga! ...I sincerely hope there will be no interferences, if so, I will destroy anything that tears manga and I apart! (...I had a minute, so I felt like typing a semi-long post )
    I'm here. Your life just got 0.000000000001% better.

Sadly, I never really managed to actually pull through and get any artwork done. I do, however, have a pretty sweet script that is (mostly) done.

I was thinking though, why don't we try and make this a monthly challenge? Anyone that manages to finish their manga in under a month gets put on the "Winner's List". Maybe Rio could give the monthly winners a little publicity and publish their pieces (with their permission) on the main site somewhere.

I was also thinking that it would be great if there was some way that we could capture a step by step for each "winner" as well. For example, show the script, then the name or character sheets etc., rough pencils, inked, and then the finished version. Obviously, it wouldn't be necessary, but I find it helpful to see other people's workflows and having a bunch of examples could help to demystify the creation process for newcomers. Just a thought.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I don't know about pushing a monthly contest. Maybe bi-monthly would work just to give folks a break in between to get their creativity going and getting everything in order. As for your last suggestion, I was actually considering doing a step-by-step tutorial of my progress into the whole thing. I just have to take some pictures and put everything together....

Will you be doing anything with that "pretty sweet script" like letting us read it?

Wow....i didnt knew i could do 10 pages per week....(i rushed when there was 2 weeks left...haha...)
    but i bet that if i kept up with that rate,then i would've been able to complete the short story...
    my manga isnt fisished and was left were it was getting to good part...
    oh well, some pages are completed while some are inked (with a few parts that needed to be filled in black) while others were just rough drafts ready to be inked....

21Leoh.deviantart.com
    Last edited by Leoh; 03-04-2011 at 07:48 PM.